Vacancy has expired
|Job Ref:||786767||Employer:||BHP Billiton||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United States||County/State:||Texas||City:||Houston||Address:||Post Date:||11/10/2016 21:05|
Sub-function: Enterprise Systems
Reports to: Mobility
Location: Houston, Texas
Key Internal Relationships
Business Partner Leads
Team leads of ES Function
Leads/Specialist of Mobility Platform Systems
Leads/Specialist Infrastructure Operations
Leads/Specialist Security, Risk and Compliance
Regional Technology Managers
BHPB outside Technology:
All Assets and Functions (through business partners)
Key External Relationships:
Peer organizations, for peer learning and benchmarking
OEM solution providers
Outsourced Service Providers and Vendors
• Prioritise and Customer expectation management of the APAC mobility demand pipleline in liason with Technology Business leads and other Technology Demand teams
• Interface for Technology Business Leads in relation to mobility demand and roadmap and drive engagement and provide thought leadership around mobility topics.
• Drive alignment meetings with Technology Business Partners and business representatives in line with agreed strategy and direction from Mobility Leads.
• Provide specialist advice into the Quartely Business enagement alignment workshop (APAC) and drive customer outcomes
• Ensure and drive transparency about upcoming business initiatives, the current demand pipeline, the current change execution performance, capacity situation
• Regular liaison / relationship management interactions with operational and functional leads, providing specialist mobility technology advice
• Alignment of business demand requests to security services and systems standards, implementation, continuous improvement and support of mobility/mobile solutions as per current and future business needs.
• Contribute and drive the project and enhancement roadmap aligned with business priority, IT capacity, technical dependencies and ongoing project portfolio with the Business Partner Leads.
• Capture and help shape new demand and ensure structured and high quality of demand's scope and specification in order to have a consistent basis for estimation and scheduling of the implementation.
• Operate within the guiding principles, relationships and procedures for execution for the mobile environment based on best industry practices to ensure that the mobility services are secure.
• Understand the business priorities, impacts and requirements for the mobility service and translates these into solutions for an effective and secure mobile deployment.
Governance and Risk Management
• Have input on the development of mobile platform (mobility) security policies and procedures that are efficient, effective and market leading in terms of providing mobility service support to the Business.
• Engage internal and external stakeholders for requested changes, the risk involved and its effect on overall operations
• Facilitation of Requirement Elicitation workshops based on customer demand requests, and interaction with security and other specialist teams to define requirements.
• Advocate the delivery of the mobility solution to employees & partners.
• Participate in coordinating deployment related activities including technical pilots and maintaining product lifecycle related to device and systems
Relationship management and engagement
• Engage internal and external stakeholders to update on plans for upcoming releases, requested changes, the risks involved and its effect on overall service operations
• Work with vendors and system integrators to continuously improve the enterprise Mobility platform
Functional and Technical Capabilities:
• Ability to work with multiple teams and vendors for the purposes of maintaining, developing and deploying of mobility/mobile systems.
• Practical knowledge of the day to day operations, implementation and management of Mobility Tools solutions project and change delivery
• In-depth knowledge of the mobility platform applications, business operations and processes used within Technology Enterprise Systems.
• In-depth knowledge of mobile platforms, operating systems, technologies and Mobile Device Management
• In-depth knowledge of demand management processes.
Leadership & behavioral capabilities:
• Engage team members: Engages with each team member in Mobility platforms, solicits feedback from them on accountable activities and accurately restates the opinions of others even when he/she disagrees
• Lead change: Ability to drive change, continuously improve and provide the highest quality products and services which meet the needs and requirements of internal and external customers
• Result orientation: Demonstrated ability to implement practical, actionable plans that are coherent and understood by all stakeholders within the ES platforms environment
• Decision making: Ability to make quality and timely decisions using available information and sound judgement
• Relationship building: Excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to present and discuss technical information in a way that establishes rapport, persuades others, and gains understanding.
• Very strong communication and persuasion skills, able to work with all levels of staff and management
• Commits to health, safety, environmental responsibility and sustainable development, as well as BHP Billiton's Charter and Code of Conduct
• Relevant Business or IT Tertiary degree is essential
• Knowledge of Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) is desirable
• Professional training in Mobility Tools and applications (e.g. SharePoint, MS Office, Workflow application) is desirable
• 10+ years relevant experience, with at least 5 in an analyst or specialist role aligned to project/intiative delivery or software development (analysis)
• Exposure to working in global environment, including geographically dispersed businesses, communication across variety of audiences, etc.
• Experience in Minerals and/or Oil and Gas industry and understands the nature of opportunities and issues faced by operations will be advantageous.
• Demonstrable drive for results
• Experience in deployment within an Global business environment essential.
• Project Management and/or Business Elicitation and Requirements Gathering skills are essential.
• Strong knowledge of demand management processes and techniques are essential.
English - professional - essential
Spanish - desirable (essential for Americas)