|Job Ref:||EMP376379||Employer:||Matchtech Group plc.||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Tewkesbury||Address:||Post Code:||GL20||Salary:||£40 - £46/hour||Post Date:||11/10/2016 21:29|
My client, a UK defence company is recruiting for a C++ Software Engineer on a contract basis for an initial 3 month period. Candidates must be eligible to gain or already hold SC clearance.|
Position Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
• Degree qualified in electronics/engineering related subject (preferably at 2.1 hons or higher) , however experience will be considered in lieu of formal academic qualifications
• Typically at least 10 years post graduate experience, although reviewable if TRL considers the candidate to be of a sufficiently high calibre
• Excellent design standards and strong debug skills
• The ability to read and understand specifications and protocols
• Proficient in writing concise documentation for requirements; design, interface and test specifications
• Understanding and appreciation of underlying digital hardware
• Experience of tool chains and version control systems
• Broad understanding/appreciation of all engineering disciplines; software, hardware, mechanical design, to a knowledge that permits technical discussion with other experts
• System engineering, requirements capture, requirements analysis, requirements decomposition
• Experience of a communications related environment and/or IP networks and communications protocols an advantage.
• Experience of designing to the constraints required for the Defence industry
• Practical experience of applying the project lifecycle
• System engineering, requirements capture, requirements analysis, requirements decomposition and requirements management using DOORS
Discipline specific skills, knowledge & experience:
• At least 10 years experience of the design, development and implementation of software.
• Excellent understanding of all software concepts including design patterns, modularity and component based design for re-use.
• Solid C++ programming/debug skills in an object orientated architecture.
• Experience of current best practices across the software industry.
• Experience of embedded and real-time systems. Both low-level and high-level software.
• Experience in writing software to coding guidelines with knowledge of testing and documentation processes.
• Excellent understanding of all software concepts including modularity, and design for re-use.
• Experience of MS Visual C++ including MSTest
• Experience of automated build servers
• Experience of unit testing methodologies/test harnesses/simulators
• Knowledge of UML notation and design methodology
• Experience of Linux
• Knowledge of ASN-1 notation and MIBs
• Knowledge of IP and network protocols
• Knowledge of scripting languages