|Job Ref:||R0007927||Employer:||Thales Group||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Basingstoke||Address:||Post Date:||11/10/2016 22:01|
Thales’s develop solutions that provide sophisticated real-time intelligence for soldiers in the field. From horizon-to-horizon airborne reconnaissance to technology that captures and relays over 9 million pixels every second, our products include some of the most advanced reconnaissance systems in the world. So whether our people are developing next-generation infrared and thermal imaging, liaising with global customers or providing essential business support, they play a key role in informing and enabling critical decisions.|
Join Thales as a Sales Manager to play a key role in delivering sales strategy for the product range and markets associated for the Air Optronics Defensive Aids Systems business area. Through securing order intake and gross margin you will contribute to development of future growth through identification, validation and securing of future sales prospects.
• Develop robust sales strategies, tactics and capture plans to support order intake and gross margin targets
• As capture lead, ensure adequate initiation, preparation and presentation of a professional brief at all gate meetings, particularly competition factors and the price to win with associated justification consistent with company procedures
• Responsible for controlling the designated sales budget and business winning costs
• Responsible for ensuring that all the related financial data within the pipeline CRM is accurate and updated on a timely basis at least once per month
• Engage with Thales in-country representatives and KAMs to deliver the export component of order intake and gross margin budgets
• Be responsible for developing, introducing and maintaining best practice activities that are compatible with the company business winning processes
• Maintain strong and effective capture plans for key opportunities including key win themes, contact plans, competitive information and key activities to secure orders in a timely manner.
Skills qualifications and experience
• High integrity combined with first class communication and negotiating skills
• Proven background in selling to export markets
• Demonstrates exceptional emotional intelligence and cultural awareness
• Knowledge of Defensive Aids Suites, Aircraft Platform Survivability or Electronic Warfare markets is highly desirable.
To play a key role within a successful organisation, apply now.