LEGAL ADVISOR (TEMPORARY POSITION) |
REQUISITION NUMBER: TAME-CASB01213575
At Bombardier, 70,000 employees in 60 countries work together to evolve mobility worldwide - one good idea at a time.
Bombardier Transportation is currently looking for a legal advisor to join the team based in St Bruno, Quebec for a minimum of 6 months contract. As part of that team, you will support all contractual and legal requirements of services projects and bids, mainly in relation to operations and maintenance contracts, as well as other initiatives.
In your role you will:
- Define contractual and legal interpretation/analysis of rolling stock and services contracts and provide practical solutions and guidance to the team members, including management;
- Support the General Managers, Supply Management, Finance, Project Management in the management of contractual and legal issues with customers and subcontractors/suppliers;
- Ensure compliance of legal entities and prepare various corporate documents in this respect;
- Draft letters and contractual documents to ensure that our contractual and legal rights are exercised appropriately;
- Participate in negotiations with customers and suppliers;
- Provide contractual and legal analysis and guidance in rolling stock and services responses to requests for proposal (RFP); identify contractual and legal risks in RFP documentation; draft summary of terms and conditions; prepare mandate requests for internal approval. If we are selected, participate in negotiations with customers;
- Prepare various agreements related to the Division activities, such as documents for real estate transactions, consulting agreements, confidentiality agreements, acquisition of material, etc;
- Provide contractual and legal training to team members of other functions such as Bids, Sales, General Managers of sites and their team, Supply Management representatives.
As our ideal candidate:
- You hold a Bachelor of Law and are a member of a North American Bar or la Chambre des Notaires du Québec;
- Your experience in Common Law will be considered an asset;
- You possess 3-7 years of experience in drafting and negotiating contracts;
- Your knowledge in corporate secretarial will be considered an asset;
- You have excellent English and French communication skills (written and spoken);
- You have good business acumen and excellent teamwork and interpersonal abilities;
- You must be able to travel occasionally (5% of the time).
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted.