|Job Ref:||FL1517||Employer:||Bombardier Inc.||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United States||County/State:||Connecticut||City:||Hartford||Address:||Post Date:||11/10/2016 22:03|
the evolution of mobility
At Bombardier Aerospace, our employees work together to evolve mobility worldwide - one good idea at a time. If you have a good idea, we'll provide the environment where it will thrive and grow into a great product or customer experience. Your ideas are our fuel.
In your role, you will:
• Responsible for ensuring that flight operations aircraft and crew are available to sales directors, interim lift and others.
• Manages several key processes necessary to provide safe, quality and effective use of flight operations aircraft and flight crew for both domestic and international use.
• Ensures that all policies and procedures are followed and that all paperwork is completed accurately.
• Receives and coordinates flight demonstration and other flight requests and requirements
• Prepares flight itineraries
• Informs and coordinates with Director of Flight Ops/Chief Pilot on any abnormal matters involving flights or crew
• Organizes details of all flights
• Arranges Fixed Based Operator (FBO) services, aircraft refueling, parking, hangar space, airport slots, hotels, catering, and customs notification
• Communicates with customers concerning logistics, flight plans and information
• Updates trip information and convey changes to crew members
• Upholds current FAA Regulations and department policies specifically regarding safety of flight and crew rest/crew flight duty limitations
• Maintains records of all flights
• Records flight details, including identities of passengers, hours flown, fuel used, and itinerary stops
• Prepares summary reports of flight for the FAA and the company, as required
• Coordinates with the Training Officer on pilot training schedules
• Coordinates with the Manager of Maintenance on the aircraft maintenance schedule
As our ideal candidate,
• You have at least 3 years of Aviation scheduling/dispatching experience, 5 Years preferred
• You are available after regular hours, including weekends and holidays, on a rotation basis, to deal with any operational issues and coming up with efficient recovery plans. Overnight shift may be required
• You must be available to work Monday - Friday, 1st shift (8am-5pm) or 2nd shift (2:30pm - 11:30pm)
• You have working knowledge of Part 91 scheduling, FAA regulations, aircraft performance, runway/airport analysis, weather and NOTAMS
• You have working knowledge of visa requirements, international regulations, logistic applications, forward planning abilities to ensure cost effectiveness
• You have working knowledge of Scheduling software
• You have FOS experience - preferred
• You have Aircraft Dispatcher certification - preferred
• You have a Bachelors' degree in Aviation or Business - preferred
Bombardier is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and is committed to creating a diverse environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other personal characteristic protected by Federal, State, or Local Laws.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Please continue to monitor our website and apply for additional positions for which you are qualified and may be of interest to you.
Your ideas move people.