the evolution of mobility
At Bombardier Aerospace, our employees work together to evolve mobility worldwide - one good idea at a time. If you have a good idea, we'll provide the environment where it will thrive and grow into a great product or customer experience. Your ideas are our fuel.
You will be part of the Product Development Engineering, Aerospace team where it all starts for Bombardier as it sets the stage to take full advantage of its investments and the tremendous growth potential of its new products. The organization is responsible for bringing new aircraft programs to their successful entry-into-service. Currently, these new products are the all-new CSeries commercial aircraft and the high-performance Global 7000/Global 8000 business jets.
In your role, you will:
- Create and maintain planning documentation which details the sequential steps for fabricating, processing, assembling, or modifying mechanical, electrical, avionic and composite components and assemblies via SAP.
- Coordinate with Methods engineering and positional team in determining the most cost-efficient method to perform the above duties
- Coordinate with Methods engineering and positional team in the creation of planning documentation required to fabricate and assemble tooling fixtures/jigs for composite drilling, trimming and bonding
- Coordinate and/or liaison with production to incorporate revisions to planning documents as required
- Assist Methods Engineers and positional team in the creation and maintenance of visual work instructions using 3D Graphics software and maintaining production time standards and crew load charts
- Provide reports and visual data as required to positional team to assist with production planning and scheduling
- Assist Methods Engineers and positional team with ergonomic evaluations
- Coordinate with Methods Engineering and Quality with tracking preventative maintenance activities
- Coordinate with other departmental personnel to clarify issues regarding planning documentation and revise as required.
As our ideal candidate,
Bombardier is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and is committed to creating a diverse environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other personal characteristic protected by Federal, State, or Local Laws.
- You must have basic knowledge of the change management process as it pertains to the planning function
- You must have basic knowledge of methods and tools used to support process improvement and cost-savings initiatives, for example, Six Sigma, Lean Manufacturing or TQM;
- You must have working knowledge of how to build, assemble, and install aircraft mechanical and electrical/avionics parts and components to composite structure;
- You must have working knowledge of tooling required to facilitate the above;
- You must have good organizational skills to plan work effectively and maintain records and files;
- You must have the ability to identify, evaluate, and resolve problems pertaining to the successful creation and implementation of Methods documents;
- You must have the ability to write clear and concise work instructions that are user friendly.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Please continue to monitor our website and apply for additional positions for which you are qualified and may be of interest to you.
Your ideas move people.