Vacancy has expired
|Job Ref:||1618889||Employer:||Tyco||Industry:||Manufacturing||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Lancashire||City:||Lancashire||Address:||Post Code:||BB5||Post Date:||11/10/2016 22:09|
KEY POSITION REQUIREMENTS|
Maintenance technicians are responsible for the continuous running of equipment and machinery and use computerised systems to oversee routine maintenance and organise repairs. They are also involved in the manufacture of items that will help in maintenance.
Maintenance technicians play a vital role in the efficiency, development and progress of manufacturing and processes. Working with other professionals in order to improve production facilities, reduce the incidence of costly breakdowns and develop strategies to improve overall reliability and safety of plant and production processes
• Multi-skilled with mechanical bias.
• Educated to OND Mechanical Engineering or similar (Preferred).
• Good working knowledge of PLC Fault Finding and general electrical.
• Apprentice Trained or Time Served
• Experience of continuous process environments desired.
• Physically capable of any maintenance related activities.
• Self-motivated ability to plan and organise.
• Good communication skills.
• Flexible and accommodating when asked to work outside normal work schedule.
• Workshop capability, turning, milling, welding etc.
• Willing to train for future company developments.
Context and Environment of job
The company design, develop and assemble a wide and diverse range of Safety products pre-dominantly but not restricted to Europe, Middle East and Asia. As a consequence the company must remain in compliance with the latest and expected Industry and customer standards and requirements in respect of quality, cost and delivery.
The company ensures that a customer and product focus is maintained by dividing the organisation into specific Customer Product Groups.
The overall objective is to be the supplier of choice by being able to develop, design, assemble and supply product to an ever-increasing standard of excellence. With the quality goal being zero defects, the company is established as the centre of expertise for the Design, Development and Industrialisation of Safety Products. Tyco/Scott Safety Products strive to ensure fairness to all its employees.
The plant is a manufacturing facility. You would be required to adhere to all Health, Safety & Environmental procedures whilst at work. Your role would require you to work within any area of the plant to carry out your duties. You may be required to work as part of a team or on your own. You would be situated on the shop floor having the support of a team of fellow professionals, working within a manufacturing environment.
Major Tasks and Responsibilities
• To work in a fast moving high volume environment.
• To ensure all machines and facilities in the factory are working efficiently and safely.
• To effectively maintain machines, site services and utilities in a timely manner.
• To read and interpret schematics or engineering drawings.
• Maintain a sound working knowledge of the mechanical and electrical functions of all machines and facilities by continually learning and implementing best practices.
• To carry out detailed analysis of all faults to determine root causes, preventative and corrective actions and to methodically eliminate faults using modern problem solving techniques.
• To constantly strive for, and implement, development and improvement work to give increased OEE.
• To assist in developing a robust and effective preventative maintenance program.
• To provide maintenance breakdown cover across all manufacturing shifts (including nights) when required.
• To adhere to the principles of 5S to their own area of work, wherever that may be in the factory.
• To work in a professional and respectful manner.
• To adhere to and uphold Health and Safety.
Typical Measurables/Success Criteria
• Housekeeping 5S
• Safety – No Accidents
• Production Stop Repairs 95% Adherence
• SMED Projects
CORE COMPETENCIES FOR POSITION
These are the key behaviours required by staff to undertake their roles. All roles will potentially require competence in each of these; however the key 5 or 6 should be identified and linked to the performance appraisal process. Staff are expected to work within and meet the requirements of these organisational competencies and continue to develop their own personal competencies.
Once you have identified the relevant competencies tick the relevant ones identified for this specific role.
Driven to succeed
Gets results and willingly tackles demanding tasks. Sets and exceeds challenging personal targets. Both Team and Individual focus.
Development of others
Demonstrates the desire and initiative to encourage and support the development of one or more employees. This includes the ability to challenge and address poor performance, as well as recognising and applauding good performance.
Proactively developing customer relationships by making efforts to listen to & understand the customer both internal & external; anticipating & providing solutions to customer needs; giving high priority to customer satisfaction.
Adaptability to Change & Manage change
Maintaining effectiveness in varying environments and with different tasks, responsibilities and people
Expressing ideas effectively in individual and group situations (including non verbal) adjusting language or terminology to the characteristics and needs of the audience. Provides information readily to team members within the area & to other members within the section.
Health, Safety & Environmental Awareness
Good understanding standing of their responsibilities and duties with respect to the Health, Safety and Environment of the business. Actively encourages and promotes safe working practices in their actions and those of their teams.
Securing relevant information and identifying key issues and relationships from a base of information; relating and comparing data from different sources; identifying cause - effect relationships
Actively encourages and promotes the principles of the Employee Charter through their actions
Creating and achieving a desired vision for the Organisation through influence on organisational values, individual group goals, reinforcements and systems.
Takes responsibility for own actions and makes decisions without referring to others. Acts on own initiative
Fits in with the team. Develops effective and supportive relationships with colleagues. Is considerate towards them and creates a sense of team spirit. Shares his/her knowledge & experience with others. Encourages and listens to the views and ideas of his/her team.
Technical & Professional knowledge
Having achieved a satisfactory level of technical & professional skills / knowledge in job related areas; keeping abreast of current developments and trends in our area of expertise.
Planning & Organising
Establishing a course of action for self and / or others to accomplish a specific goal; planning proper assignments of personnel and appropriate allocation of resources
Is focused on concept of always looking for potential improvements, opportunities to develop and proactively working towards achieving those improvements.