A world of opportunity awaits you |
Field Project Manager
As the leader in the fire protection and security industry, we’ve been keeping homes and buildings safe for decades. But we’re always looking for ways to do more. And as we look to make our systems and technologies even smarter and more connected, it’s vital that we have talented Installation and Service Technicians on hand to make sure our solutions are always at their best.
This is your opportunity to make a contribution to the world around you, to add real value to our customers, and to help us deliver solutions that will have a lasting impact.
About the role:
- Project Managers are responsible for managing fire alarm, security and communications projects in commercial, educational, healthcare and industrial facilities, positively representing the company in all client and architect/engineer interactions.
- The PM oversees and communicates project progression from inception to completion including design, permits, material delivery, labor schedules, and field installation.
- Develops a comprehensive project plan to meet schedules and budgets. Conducts Work in Progress meetings.
- Understands and follows all published codes, standards, and unique project specifications.
- Ensures AHJ requirements and departmental/SOX procedures are followed. Convey a sense of professionalism, fairness, and concern for customers, labor and management.
- Coordinates change orders and drives toward overall margin improvement on every job.
Who we’re looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical, business or equivalent field.
- 3-5 years fire protection, electrical installation, construction, or related project management experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read and understand complex building architectural, mechanical and electrical documents.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize among assignments with a strong adherence to deadlines.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, both with internal and external customers.
- Possess a strong and active working knowledge of MS Excel. Be able to create tracking spreadsheets, reference data in other spreadsheets and create macros.
- Knowledge of standards, Underwriter’s requirements and applicable building codes preferred.
- NICET Level II or higher preferred
- Must be organized, detail oriented and self-motivating.
- Must pass a pre-employment background check and drug screen.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and a driving record that meets company requirements
- Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate and to meet the customer's needs.
Tyco’s mission is to advance safety and security by finding smarter ways to save lives, improve businesses and protect the places where people live and work. Our products and solutions help to protect:
- 80% of the world’s top 200 retailers
- More than 1,000,000 fire fighters around the world
- 90% of the top 50 oil and gas companies
- 300 international airports
- 100 major stadiums around the world
- Most of the Fortune 500
- 50% of US universities
- Nearly 3 million commercial, government and residential customers
Rewards and benefits:
We’ll expect a lot from you, but we’ll also make sure we recognize and reward your contribution. And we’ll always do everything we can to help you achieve a healthy work-life balance. Wherever you join us, you’ll find we have a range of benefits and rewards designed to help you be at your best both in work and out of it.
A world of opportunity awaits you at NA