Life Safety Products Global Sr. Financial Analyst, Monroe, NC |
The primary responsibility of this position it to support LSP’s Global Marketing and R&D functions, in addition to ad-hoc financial analysis, fulfilling Corporate reporting requests and support of LSP’s Annual Operating Plan development. The role will indirectly report to LSP’s R&D and Marketing Vice Presidents. Support of the Global R&D function will include new product development financial support, serving as finance representative on all active LSP new product development programs, and monthly forecasting/planning. Support of the Global Marketing function will include monthly forecasting/planning and all ad-hoc financial requests from LSPs’ VP, Marketing. Familiarity with Hyperion Essbase software is desired.
Reporting to the LSP Global FP&A Manager, the Sr. Financial Analyst will:
- Serve as sole finance resource for LSP VP’s of Global Marketing and R&D.
- Work directly with LSP R&D VP to:
- Develop monthly spending forecasts and annual plan financials.
- Track monthly project spending of all active LSP NPD projects.
- Coordinate global weekly R&D spending tracker across all LSP sites.
- Serve as full-time finance representative on all active LSP NPD projects, including attendance at all relevant team meetings.
- Present Waypoint financials to Senior Management, of all active projects
- Work directly with LSP Marketing VP to:
- Develop monthly spending forecasts and annual financial plans.
- Coordinate global weekly Marketing spending tracker across all LSP sites
- Manage financials related to customer rebate programs (including processing payments)
- Support Corporate reporting requests
- Create and maintain Hyperion Essbase reports for LSP analysis and reporting.
Required Education / Experience
- Degree in Accounting or Finance. MBA preferred but not required.
- Experience in financial analysis and reporting for a durable goods manufacturer preferred.
- Experience working in a Global Multi-National Corporation preferred.
- Prior Experience & working knowledge in of Hyperion Essbase (preferred).
- Strong working knowledge of all MS Office applications, with emphasis on Excel (spreadsheets & graphs) and PowerPoint.
- Experience in a SOX operating environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills with a “team first” mindset.
- Ability to work under pressure & deadlines to prioritize work effectively.
- Ability to plan ahead and break complex tasks into clear deliverables.
- Understanding of financial statements.
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance required. CPA and/or MBA preferred.
2 - 3 years of experience in accounting or financial reporting, preferably with emphasis on FP&A.
Experience in a manufacturing environment preferred.
Prior Hyperion (Essbase & HFM) experience preferred.