Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and multi industrial leader serving a wide range of customers in more than 150 countries. Our 117,000 employees create intelligent buildings, efficient energy solutions, integrated infrastructure and next generation transportation systems that work seamlessly together to deliver on the promise of smart cities and communities. Our commitment to sustainability dates back to our roots in 1885, with the invention of the first electric room thermostat. We are committed to helping our customers win and creating greater value for all of our stakeholders through strategic focus on our buildings and energy growth platforms. |
As the leader in the fire protection and security industry, we’ve been keeping homes and buildings safe for decades. But we’re always looking for ways to do more. And as we look to make our systems and technologies even smarter and more connected, it’s vital that we have a talented Inspectors & Installation Technicians on hand to make sure our solutions are always at their best.
Inspector- Rochester, NY
- The basic function of this position is to perform inspections, testing and preventative maintenance of SimplexGrinnell Fire Alarm Systems as well as competitor panels. Must be able to work with minimal supervision
- Combines working knowledge of technical/professional principles and concepts with in depth knowledge of team objectives
- Carry and move equipment and tools weighing up to 40 pounds, the inspector will work in unusual and sometimes difficult positions such as climbing ladders, scaffolding and high lift equipment up to 40 ft., working within ducts, crawl spaces above ceiling, etc.
- Maintain all SimplexGrinnell manuals, vehicles, tools, equipment, etc. in accordance with Company procedures and policies and in a professional manner
- Properly complete all reports, such as, mileage and monthly vehicle reports, as well as, the maintaining of adequate inventory levels within assigned inspection vehicles in like new condition
Who we’re looking for:
- High School or Equivalent, Associates Degree a
- Must have a valid driver's license and a driving record that meets Company requirements
- Must have excellent communications skill, using tact and diplomacy when dealing with customers
- Must obtain and retain any licenses that are required by National, State and local codes. Must possess and retain NICET LEVEL II certification with three (3) years of hire
- Must be proficient in the use of test equipment, such as multi-meters, battery analyzers, frequency meters, decibel meters, and communicating devices