Our Company |
ConocoPhillips is the world’s largest independent E&P company based on production and proved reserves. Headquartered in Houston, Texas, ConocoPhillips had operations and activities in 20 countries, $21 billion in annualized revenue, $96 billion of total assets, and approximately 15,400 employees as of June 30, 2016. Production averaged 1,562 MBOED for the six months ended June 30, 2016, and proved reserves were 8.2 billion BOE as of Dec. 31, 2015.
Employees across the globe focus on fulfilling our core SPIRIT Values of safety, people, integrity, responsibility, innovation and teamwork. And we apply the characteristics that define leadership excellence in how we engage each other, collaborate with our teams, and drive the business.
This position is a business facing role responsible for providing IT support to the following area at ConocoPhillips: Legal (includes Litigation, Security, Compliance, and Intellectual Property), Investor Relations & Communications, and Government Affairs. The candidate will support multiple applications used by these business areas.
Responsibilities may include:
- Providing hands-on technical, functional, and Business Analyst support for both vendor and in-house developed applications
- Base application support – day to day troubleshooting and break/fix, how to questions, etc.
- System enhancements/Process improvements
- System upgrades
- New system implementations
- Working closely with the business to understand business processes and priorities
- Developing thorough requirements by working closely with business contacts
- Organizing and tracking IT and business testing to ensure smooth implementation of new applications and upgrades
- Demonstrating a positive attitude toward business needs combined with a sense of urgency for accomplishing projects and tasks
- Developing strong, positive relationships within the IT organization
- Maintaining open lines of communications with the business and internal IT teams
- Keep business informed concerning status of work, application upgrades, outages, etc.
- Providing project leadership in all areas (technical, planning, execution)
- Preparing statements of work for vendor projects and managing vendor activities
- Ensuring IT policies, procedures, and standards are followed
- Legally authorized to work in the United States
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, MIS, or related technical discipline
- 5 years of experience providing IT support directly to customers
- 1 years of experience as an IT Business Analyst
- Intermediate level Oracle & SQL skills
- Ability to write and troubleshoot SQL Code
- Design (stored procs, functions, tables, views, triggers, indexes)
- Proficient with Business Intelligence Tools (ex. Crystal Reports and/or BIRT)
- Develop custom reports from databases to extract and collect data using complicated SQL code
- Maintain and modify existing reports
- Ability and willingness to provide 24x7 support when required
- After-hours support is not generally required, however, if an issue arises in a critical system after hours, support via phone and/or remote access will be required.
- Most system upgrades are performed after hours. Normally these can be performed remotely, however significant upgrades (infrequent – 1 to 2 times/year) are performed on site.
- During critical time periods (project execution, critical business issues, etc.) after-hours work may be required. Some work will be on site.
- Basic level understanding of:
- SQL Reporting Services
- IIS and Websphere
- Microsoft Server OS (Server 2008 & Server 2012)
- Microsoft SharePoint
- Project Management principles
- Windows Server environment
- Disaster recovery planning - Develop, maintain, and test disaster recovery plans
- Well rounded IT experience in delivering solutions to business departments
- Experience with more advanced Excel functions
- Working knowledge of basic system interface management
- Interfaces from Active Directory, SAP, business applications, etc.
- Working knowledge of Group Policies, security and permissions
- Ability to learn/understand business processes. Partnering with the business, apply this knowledge to develop solutions to meet business requirements.
- Ability to lead small project implementations and system upgrades
- Ability to work with vendors to mutually agree upon the best approach to resolve issues
- Ability to work independently without direct supervision
- Leads, manages and executes multiple tasks and projects concurrently
- Ability to handle stressful situations/conversations
- Encourages new ways of looking at problems, processes or solutions
- Generates effective solutions based on available information and makes timely decisions that are safe and ethical
- Takes ownership of actions and follows through on commitments
- Experience with Legal, Government Affairs, or Investor Relations & Communications business processes and applications
In order to be considered for this position you must complete the entire application process, which includes answering all prescreening questions and providing your eSignature on or before the requisition closing date of October 25, 2016 .
Candidates for this U.S. position must be a U.S. citizen or national, or an alien admitted as permanent resident, refugee, asylee or temporary resident under 8 U.S.C. 1160(a) or 1255(a) (1). Individuals with temporary visas such as A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H, I, J, L, M, NATO, O, P, Q, R or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization in the United States now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
ConocoPhillips is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, gender identity or expression, genetic information or any other legally protected status.