Reporting to the Finance Manager, the Senior Accountant will be responsible in assisting with and providing timely and accurate financial analysis and reporting. |
- Responsible for the accounting for our fleet group comprising over 250 pieces of heavy equipment which includes, but is not limited to:
- Documenting and/or updating process narratives describing accounting and reporting processes and procedures and Developing/implementing recommendations for improvement where applicable;
- Recording additions and disposals of Property, Plant and Equipment including capital repairs and de-recognition of capitalized components;
- Analyzing and assessing the completeness, accuracy and reasonableness of amounts coded as capital repairs;
- Analyzing monthly fleet results and investigating variances to forecast/expectation;
- Analyzing fleet accounts;
- Preparing monthly schedules;
- Providing Treasury with required information with regards to acquisition and disposals;
- Posting debt entries and reconciling debt balances;
- Preparing requisite tax reporting for the Tax group.
- Assist with month-end close-off process - i.e. preparation/posting of journal entries, accruals, reconciling general ledger and sub-ledgers etc.
- Assist with the preparation of business plan and quarterly forecasts.
- Assist in the preparation and review of monthly and year-end financial reporting packages consisting of financial statements and supporting schedules.
- Assist in preparation of schedules and supporting documents requested by Internal and External auditors during interim and year-end audits.
- Identify and recommend potential process improvements in the accounting, forecasting and financial reporting areas.
- Assist with compiling information and analysis required to satisfy client contract audits.
- Identify methods of improving cash flow, working capital and return on capital employed.
- Provide guidance and support to junior staff as required.
- Prepare ad-hoc financial analysis as required.
- Other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
Required Knowledge & Skills
- Minimum of 5 years of progressive work experience in an Accounting environment.
- Professional accounting designation is an asset.
- SAP experience is an asset.
- Advanced MS Excel skills (e.g. pivot tables, vlookup, index, match, tables) are required.
- Knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards and International Accounting Standards is required.
- Experience with Property, Plant and Equipment accounting including capitalization of components is an asset.
- Must demonstrate strong analytical skills.
- Good communication skills and ability to work in team environments.
- Proven ability to work and meet deadlines.
- Construction experience preferred
Date Req Created
Date Req Closed
Compensation & Benefits Overview
Aecon offers the opportunity to work on challenging, high profile projects and provides competitive compensation and benefits.
Aecon is an equal opportunity employer.