Inspire and motivate the team to perform to the best of their abilities Ensure that HDS' core values (Customer Focus, Community, Openness, Ownership and Leadership) are 'lived' by everyone in the team Establish a clear vision and direction for the team and focus the team on working towards it Create a positive working culture within the team that encourages open communication, continuous learning and improvement, mutual respect Establish effective, structured communication processes within the team Performance Management
- Continuously monitor KPI performance and take remedial action where required to ensure performance standards are met.
- Ensure that KPIs are effectively integrated into personal performance objectives
- Ensure that effective personal performance and development reviews are carried out periodically with all team staff
- The key stakeholders are: Financial Accounting Team Manager, SSC Director, HDS EHQ, HDS Country Finance Managers
- Implement regular, structured communication processes with key stakeholders to update them on financial accounting performance, risks and issues
- Respond promptly to incoming queries from stakeholders and take actions to resolve
- Implement clear structured policies and processes for:
- Escalation routes
- Provide input into the development of HDS-wide finance policies and processes
- Manage the continuous improvement project to implement optimised processes in the team supported by technology
Performs Other Duties as Required
- Provide effective line management (recruitment, performance management, coaching and mentoring etc) to direct reports
- Assist and support the team in its main duties regarding ongoing activities and month end tasks
- Actively supports company change programs and acts as a role model for solution selling.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Completes all job functions as per department and organization policies and procedures.
- Maintains current knowledge in present areas of responsibility (e.g. attends ongoing educational programs).
- Demonstrates responsibility for scope of position/own standard of practice.
- Demonstrates full knowledge of current position's and department's relationship to flow of services.
- Demonstrates knowledge of organizational strategy and objectives.
- Experience of managing small teams (team performance review, controlling KPIs, staff motivation)
- Experience of working directly with multiple countries and cultures in a finance capacity
- Fluent English
- Time management, professionalism, drive and resilience, problem solving, building relationships, delivering quality service, feedback and learning
- Problem solving - Query resolution related to a variety of issues is required on a regular basis
- Excellent administrator - The role involves handling, processing and managing a large volume of documentation
- Experience of working with a multinational corporate
- Oracle experience
- Experience of Sarbanes Oxley compliance
- Additional European language skills