Job Overview |
The role is responsible and accountable for providing the financial review of all booked standalone Professional Services contracts with special focus on higher dollar value contracts and help in structuring more complex standalone Professional Services contracts upfront during negotiations phase. This includes assisting Sales, Sales Ops, GSS, DSA in all finance related aspects of Professional Services in line with company policy and SOX process including the Finance T&C's when necessary and dedicated to an assigned territory consisting of a GEO, Region, Country or District.
The role will consult, inform and support the forecasting process.
The role is also responsible for reviewing and approving for revenue recognition both standalone and bundled in a multi element arrangement Professional Services contracts.
The role is also responsible for performing the quarterly PS VSOE analysis for an assigned territory consisting of a GEO, Region, Country or District and providing the results to the GSS business and advising on actions to be taken to maintain VSOE compliance.
- Providing PS related business partner support to GSS, sales operations, sales, deal support organizations
- Review of standalone PS contracts on booking stage including but not limited to revenue recognition method, VSOE flag, solution code, linkage and other aspects as appropriate.
- Review and approval for revenue recognition standalone and bundled PS contracts
- Performing quarterly Billing Role and Budget vs Actuals VSOE analyses.
- Supporting non-standard and standalone invoicing processes
- Support, consult and inform on the PS gross margin reconciliation
- Support, consult and inform the forecasting process
- Maintaining and updating SOX documentation
- Assisting internal and external auditors with resolution of queries.
- All levels and roles of GSS, Sales and Sales Operations
- All levels of GEO / Country / Region Finance, Accounting and Revenue Management, Deal Support
- GEO and/or Global Director of Revenue Operations
- I nternal & External Audit
- Legal/Contracts Managers
- Other Finance related functions and roles
- Bachelor or Master Degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration
- ACCA, CIMA, MBA or equivalent qualifications is a plus
- 3 years' experience in other finance or PS revenue recognition related functions
- Experience in US GAAP revenue recognition (especially with SOP 97-2 treatment, SOX process and compliance)
- Demonstrated ability to partner with GSS and/or sales colleagues to achieve success
- Demonstrated ability to proactively engage others to overcome obstacles and provide alternative solutions
- Proficient user of Microsoft Office suite of products (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Proficient in English, intermediate or higher level of French required
- Ability to work independently, while prioritizing many complex tasks in order to meet deadlines as well as working with a remote team.
- Experience in influencing and communicating with multiple levels of people, both within and outside the company.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills.