Hourly Rate Bands N/A Salaried/Hourly-Paid Salaried |
Key Energy Services Team Deliverables by 2021:
- Deliver Enhanced, Rebid and New business across all business units both integral to wider FM services and direct to market
- Be 'The' FM energy services thought leader in the UK
- Deliver class leading energy operations via the Energy Operations Centre
- Deliver improved operational energy management with a progressive development of business approaches so that service and gain share opportunities are maximised
- Delivered opportunities maximised with risks and reward managed
Job Purpose & Responsibilities
Responsible for identification of and development of energy productivity solutions including behavioural change, demand reduction, energy generation and storage, energy control improvements (BEMS), energy conservation measures and base-lining / M&V on Interserve Client and Opportunity sites.
The role will work closely with the Energy Sales team in developing commercial opportunities across a robust 5 stage development / delivery process including Testing, High Level Review, Detailed Review, Contract Close & Delivery. The role will work closely with the Energy Solutions Programme and Supply Chain Manager who will provide appropriate third party support and manage development programmes. The role will also work with both the Energy Strategy and Energy Commercial & Risk Leads ensuring the application of latest technologies and ideas in a model which is commercially sound and manages technical risk appropriately.
Solutions agreed with clients will be mobilised and delivered by Business Unit Project teams with subsequent performance monitoring and verification via the Energy Operations Centre. It will be essential to engage these parties to ensure a client agreed solution can be delivered within the parameters sold i.e. time, cost and performance.
The role has a UK Wide remit, but will most likely be aligned with a North Region and South Region split depending on the successful applicants' location.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Understanding Interserve Client & Opportunity energy & environmental challenges
- On site audits of site establishments to identify Energy Productivity Solutions
- Compiling, writing and involvement in presentation of energy proposals
- Engagement with necessary specialist subcontractors to deliver robust credible solutions
- Strong Client & Opportunity engagement to ensure high levels of satisfaction
- Guide and assist with any Client or Opportunity energy or environmental accreditation or legislative compliance
- Delivery of energy productivity solutions for reducing or balancing energy use, emissions, carbon and cost, thus delivering to current and potential clients (opportunities) improved energy productivity
- Analyses Client's / opportunities energy data inc-conjunction with the energy operations centre to identify quick wins and long term energy productivity measures (projects). Undertake and complete feasibility studies, high level business cases to highlight potential improvements and detailed technical proposals which can then be delivered at a site level
- Remain up to date with relevant legislation affecting energy efficiency and understand current compliance requirements.
- Adhere to stated company policies and procedures and carry out all duties in a way which is consistent with and which promotes Interserve values.
Knowledge skills & experience:
- Experience in technical development and delivery of energy services within the FM arena across a diverse portfolio of facilities and market sectors
- Strong experience in Mechanical & Electrical space, including HVAC, BEMS
- Technical - excellent understanding of building mechanical & electrical services, Building Management System, lighting control systems.
- Strong knowledge of metering and sub-metering strategies
- Accreditation to established professional body (e.g. CIBSE; Energy Institute)
- Specialist knowledge - Good all round FM awareness, with detailed working knowledge of Energy
- Management & Sustainability. Knowledge of environmental legislation that relates to the range of services provided.
- Good commercial skills, with some experience of project management
- Analytical approach to using data to enhance business performance.
- Awareness of employment law, policies and systems such as H&S, QA, environmental and corporate while complying with current and appropriate legislation and standards
- Desirable Sustainability qualification
- IT literate in MS Office and systems management software
- Excellent communication and people skills
- Good Client interaction skills
- Ability to work in a team as well as autonomously to a high level of accuracy
- Good planning and organizational skills
- Ability to establish then work to agreed targets and deadlines
- Shows awareness of goals and standards. Follows through to ensure that quality and productivity standards are met
- Ability to perform duties across the United Kingdom
- Planning & Organising - Organises and schedules events, activities and resource. Monitors timescales and plans
- Successfully adapts to changing demands and conditions
- Understands and applies commercial and financial principles. Views issues in terms of costs, profits, markets and added value
- Ability to work either as part of a team or by open merit to achieve the role responsibilities and objectives
- Ability to manage own workload within tight deadlines and to a high standard
- Requires ability to be a comfortable self-starter
- Undertakes all tasks willingly, prepared to go the extra mile
- Completes all tasks, including paperwork accurately and to a high standard and on time
- Demonstrates a professional attitude and approach at all times
- Takes a pride in their appearance and is punctual
- Ensures own and others Health & Safety at all times
- Uses own initiative where appropriate
- Takes responsibility for planning and organising own work where appropriate
- Takes every opportunity to develop positive and professional working relationships
- Honours customer commitments
- Takes a professional and courteous approach with clients at all times
- Seeks opportunities to improve existing processes and procedures
- Provides creative but practical solutions to problems
- Participates and makes constructive suggestions for solutions and improvements
- Treats others with dignity and respect
- Communicates well (verbally and in writing) with colleagues and clients
- Works harmoniously with others, helping to generate a positive team atmosphere
- Builds effective working relationships
- Takes ownership of personal development
About the company
Interserve's vision is to redefine the future for people and places. We are one of the world's foremost support services and construction companies, operating in the public and private sectors in the UK and internationally. We offer advice, design, construction, equipment, facilities management and front-line public services. Interserve is based in the UK and is listed in the FTSE 250 index. We have gross revenue of £3.3 billion and a workforce of 80,000 people worldwide.