|Job Ref:||ADRO - Grad Pyro Man||Employer:||Randstad||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Oxford||Address:||Post Code:||OX4||Salary:||Competitive||Post Date:||12/10/2016 00:27|
Graduate Manufacturing Engineer|
Are you a recent graduate looking for you first engineering position? Do you have 2.1 or equivalent qualification in a engineering related subject? If so then this could be the perfect entry position in Oxfordshire area for you.
This position is responsible for determining the manufacturing methodology, supporting MBA manufacturing processes within a small batch environment whilst operating to high standards of quality and customer care
Support manufacturing activities on old and new products such that:
* the application of new technologies and modern manufacturing philosophies are included as and when appropriate whilst constantly striving to improve process,
* support installations and commissioning of plant,
* ensure tooling requirements which aid efficient assembly are identified and solutions implemented,
* ensure accurate master data is made available to facilitate engineering resource planning,
* create and modify production routings and compile operation sheets,
* be familiar with technical specifications,
* compile Total Preventative Maintenance (TPM) plans under agreed guidelines,
* support the development of the materials supply to the consuming work centre following agreed guidelines and in support of a 5S environment,
* ensure material flow and storage is optimised and flow of material supply to shop floor, line side stock (KANBAN) is audited.
Support the manufacturing team such that:
* All processes are in adherence with applicable HSE Regulations.
* Solutions are given to solve assembly issues,
* support and resolve all engineering/ technical/ quality issues,
* ensure drawing amendment procedures e.g. ADRs, Concessions, Material Review Application (MRAs) etc. fully utilised in order that assembly issues do not recur,
* assess, document and implement best working practise
* build plans and work instructions are created and kept up to date.
Implement continuous improvement such that:
* Lean Manufacturing Techniques are implemented, including 5 S and Value Stream Mapping, l
* line side stock are introduced on appropriate products,
* phantom assemblies identified to reduce warehouse transactions and stock,
* unnecessary operations are identified and eliminated, where necessary,
* new layouts are planned which improve process flow,
* standard methods of working are defined and documented.
Communicate effectively such that:
* the Line manager is thoroughly briefed at all times
* Some knowledge of modern manufacturing techniques ie Lean manufacturing.
* Basic CAD ability e.g. for design and review of a layout from a production perspective
* Some knowledge of Enterprise resource management (ideally within SAP).
* Communication skills: able to communicate verbally, in presentation format and in writing. Able to develop links with other technical specialists within the business.
* Highly numerate ideally with statistical exposure.
* Thorough project management skills
* Extensive data analysis skills.
* Advanced Excel, standard Word and Powerpoint. User knowledge of SAP and Access. Basic macro writing skills.
* Good customer relation skills
To find out more about this GRADUATE MANUFACTURING ENGINEER please call the office or click apply!
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.