|Job Ref:||supercann||Employer:||Randstad||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Cannock||Address:||Salary:||Competitive||Post Date:||12/10/2016 00:28|
ARE YOU LOOKING TO WORK FOR A LOCAL CONTRACTOR ???|
SICK OF TRAVELLING LONG DISTANCES TO WORK ???
ARE YOU LOOKING TO WORK ON LOCAL PROJECTS ???
I am currently working for a large client that focuses heavily on major Highway surfacing projects throughout the UK. At present there is a high demand for skill surfacing professionals with previous industry experience across the UK. The client I am currently working on behalf of has positions in the Midlands (Area 9 and Area 7) area based in Staffordshire
Duties and responsibilities:
As a supervisor you will be responsible for a team of road surfacing gangs and in charge of controlling & managing contracts. You will be expected to coordinate, supervise and optimise all labour and materials to ensure correct day-to-day management of the company's surfacing operations.
Works will include heavy civils, embankment reinforcement (strengthened/un-strengthened), carriageway widening, full carriageway construction, VRS and Comms on MAC contracts.
Responsible for day to day management of contract. Co-ordinate with principal contractor local council/utility authorities on operation/ maintenance and renewal work. Manage staff and training.
You should have excellent organisational skills and be able to demonstrate the ability to plan projects. You will also be tasked with maximizing contractual performance to achieve maximum efficiency and cost effectiveness in conjunction with the local team.
You must have previous experience working on surfacing projects at a supervisory level and be computer literate.
* Responsible for establishing quality management implantation to ensure all works carried out to specification and design for incorporation in to the permanent works.
Road construction, highway maintenance, safety, environmental standards, traffic management
* Ensuring that all works carried out is to client design and specification.
* Supervising and monitoring all aspects of work and reporting any problems to the project manager. Compiled daily/weekly diary records, plant and labour records and photos of site.
* Carry out inspection, testing and sampling work to verify compliance with the Contract.
* Overseeing the quality assurance management system
* Assist with the preparation of monthly financial and progress reports.
* Assist with the recording and valuation of the work carried out.
* Assist with the planning and programming of the works in close liaison with the Contractors.
* Provide assistance with monitoring progress and providing an action plan where progress is behind programme.
* Assist with the Construction Phase Plan; Site Waste Management Plan and Environment Plan are implemented developed and maintained.
* Monitor, the Contractors Method Statements and risk assessments and that they are adhered to.
* Monitor that appropriate site inductions are carried out and recorded on the subject of site safety.
* Collect and collate the data necessary for the measurement of the Key Performance Indicators
* Assist with the Production of the quality plan and adhere to the procedures. Identify and prepare new procedures as necessary.
* Liaise with the Area Managers and Manager regarding co-ordination and integration of Works.
* Reviewing clerk of works/inspectors and engineers diaries to identify issues and resolve.
* Ensuring principal contractor submits weekly updated programme.
* Compile Health and Safety File electronically/hard copy.
* Resolve incoming HAILS.
* Audit contractors' inspection and test plan.
* Review contractors' health and safety plan for method statements/risk assessments.
* Organise weekly/fortnightly/daily meetings with clerks and engineers to resolve issues.
* Ensuring that all works carried out to client design and specification
If you are looking for your next step in your career in Staffordshire as a Surfacing Supervisor then apply now by sending your CV or call NA.
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.