Requisition ID: |
The Knowledge Management (KM) team is part of the broader information systems and technology organization consisting of professionals who act as Bechtel's strategic technology and information resource, providing the technology, systems, information, and support that help Bechtel successfully execute projects around the world.
Bechtel seeks a KM Associate to join the Knowledge Management team to help support the planning, development, and execution of activities related to the company's Knowledge Management NA KM Associate will work with a cross functional team to drive faster adoption, higher utilization, and greater proficiency of the changes that impact employees in the organization to increase benefit realization of the KM programs.
The KM Associate will support the KM program's various activities, specifically supporting communications and outreach, technology adoption, and measuring and analyzing performance NA position will directly support the KM Program Manager and KM Specialists in implementing change management efforts that maximize employee adoption and usage and assist with the communication and marketing of the program's platforms and processes.
Specific duties could include:
- Supporting the KM program's objectives, plans, and priorities to achieve increased adoption of the KM program.
- Regularly collecting and analyzing program metrics using a variety of tools including Excel, SharePoint, Splunk, and Power BI.
- Supporting, drafting, and disseminating messaging and communications helping to increase awareness, share successes, and market and promote the KM platform and process to key audiences within the company.
- Developing marketing/promotional and training materials using a variety of tools including Word, PowerPoint, desktop layout, HTML web editing, or video editing tools.
- Engaging with KM program users, including executive sponsors, leaders, coordinators, and subject matter experts, to support their responsibilities related to their KM roles.
- Supporting awareness, training, and knowledge sharing efforts by documenting, recording, and disseminating success stories, expert interviews, and other use cases around where KM has created and enhanced value for the company.
- Supporting the use of technology platforms, demonstrating a level of comfort with different types of technology platforms (for example, proprietary tools such as Microsoft SharePoint and open source platforms, such as MediaWiki)
- Bachelor's degree in Communications, Journalism, Marketing, Human Resources, Business Analysis, Information Technology, Education, or other related field from an accredited university
- 1+ year of experience in a combination of the following:
- Developing written content for publications and marketing
- Proven presentation skills
- Master's degree in Communications, Journalism, Marketing, Human Resources, Business Analysis, Information Technology, Education, or other related field from an accredited university
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated comfort with technology platforms
- Flexible and adaptable; able to work in ambiguous situations
- Problem solving and root cause identification skills
- Able to work effectively at all levels in an organization
- Must be a team player and able to work collaboratively with and through others
- Acute business acumen and understanding of organizational issues and challenges
- Experience with organizational change efforts
- Global and diverse perspective
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, SharePoint, etc.)
- Familiarity with engineering-construction industry experience a plus
Shaping tomorrow together
Bechtel is among the most respected engineering, project management, and construction companies in the world. We stand apart for our ability to get the job done right-no matter how big, how complex, or how remote. Bechtel operates through four global business units that specialize in infrastructure; mining and metals; nuclear, security and environmental; and oil, gas, and chemicals. Since its founding in 1898, Bechtel has worked on more than 25,000 projects in 160 countries on all seven continents. Today, our 53,000 colleagues team with customers, partners, and suppliers on diverse projects in nearly 40 countries. Bechtel is an EEO/AA/M/F/Vet/Disability employer.