|Job Ref:||CA_39223||Employer:||Carillion plc||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Barrow in Furness||Address:||Post Date:||12/10/2016 01:02|
Purpose of Role
The Multi Skilled Engineer – Electrical Bias will deliver a combination of primarily electrically biased skill set, with basic mechanical, water and building fabric planned, reactive and extra works within engineering to eiher static or mobile site/s across a region or to multiple client sites; ensuring Carillion deliver a safe, customer focused, cost effective, efficient and compliant service in order to meet its contractual and legal obligations.
• Work safely, ensuring the safety and well being of yourself, colleagues, customers and visitors.
• Work in accordance with Work Instructions, Safe Working Practices and Method Statements ensuring relevant records (paper and electronic) are completed and submitted in an accurate timely manner.
• Ensures that you read and adhere to Health and Safety alerts, communications, and Tool Box Talks.
• Ensures that you have the appropriate skills, training and equipment to perform your role.
• To support the activity of specialist service partners, delivering services on behalf of the company; ensuring all health, safety and environmental requirements are adhered to. Including, but not limited to, ensuring adequate safe system of works are complied with, complete task specific risk assessments when required and carry out Point of Work risk assessments for all activities
• Ensure all required personal protective equipment is utilised and worn at all appropriate times People
• Behave in line with and promote Carillion’s Values
• Delivers a customer experience in line with objectives and customer experience plans.
• Maintains effective customer relationships within own area of responsibility - Always looks for opportunities to improve the customer experience Delivery - Work on own and as part of a team carrying out routine PPM, reactive and minor repair works as assigned by the Workflow / Admin or supervisory teams ensuring all deliverable SLA/KPI targets are met or exceeded.
• Perform all work to specification meeting the required standards.
• Take full responsibility and ownership of all assigned tasks, carrying out skilled planned maintenance, repair and improvements.
• Install new plant and equipment when required
• Diagnose and repair faults on systems and plant. - Be proactive in reporting faults to equipment, buildings and fittings. - Maintain the cleanliness of plant rooms, workshops and storage areas.
• Provide regular updated information and condition ratings for the asset management database
• Communicate with the Engineering Departments when support is required to ensure all tasks can be achieved within prescribed requirements. - Indentify extra work requirements and provide details of required material and labour estimate to enable client quotes to be issued
• Demonstrate commercial awareness by identifying opportunities to reduce costs, travel and waste
• Meets or exceeds operational and performance targets General
• Deliver excellent customer service in this client facing role and ensure excellent client relationships are sustained
• Adaptable to flexible working patterns, when required
• Demonstrate a willingness to attend training courses
Additional Role Information
Key Qualifications, Skills and Experience
• Preferably completed a recognised apprenticeship / training scheme and significant practical experience within relevant sector
• Significant M&E Operations engineering experience (multi-disciplined building services) backed up by recognised industry qualifications or demonstrable experience gained within previous career roles.
• Preferably trained to current electrical regulations (17 th edition)
• Preferably holds current refrigerant gas handling certification
• Preferably holds current Gas Safe registration
• Flexible and dynamic attitude with a strong customer awareness and demonstrable experience gained within a similar environment and / or in a similar supervisory / management role.
• Previous LV and / or HV switching experience is desirable
• Previous Pressurised systems experience is desirable
• Previous A/C and / or Chiller systems experience is desirable
• Experience of Critical Environment Maintenance (CEM) is preferable
• Experience of producing technical reports and detailed quotations from conception through to completion.
• Awareness of Carillion H&S policies with IOSH qualification being desirable
• Energy Management Skills – knowledge of Carbon Emission Reduction Initiatives
• Excellent written / oral communication skills
• Conversant with COMAH
• Computer literacy (desirable)
• Valid UK Driving license