|Job Ref:||2866171||Employer:||Hays Plc||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Lincoln||Address:||Salary:||£35-45K||Post Date:||12/10/2016 01:38|
Established in 1988, Chestnut Homes are one of the largest and most respected new home developers in Lincolnshire.|
They build homes across the whole spectrum from smaller starter homes to large executive homes, and across a range of styles from modern sleek contemporary designs to carefully designed traditional homes to suit more rural settings.
Chestnut Homes are looking for an Intermediate/Experienced Quantity Surveyor to join their team to be able to hit the ground running and add value straight away. You will have a strong background within the housing market in order to bring knowledge and experience to the role. This role will involve working closely with all other members of our team to ensure that our developments are built cost effectively, and to the highest standards.
You will be working alongside the commercial team and your role will encompass some all or all of the following:-
• Prepare tender and contract documents
• Analyse tenders received
• Placement of orders with subcontractors
• Undertake cost analysis, and cost/benefit analysis
• Assist with feasibility studies
• Perform risk, value management and cost control
• Administer sub contract payments
• Monthly valuations for contract works
• Budget costings for new homes & associated infrastructure
• Material take-offs & scheduling
• Understand the implications of health and safety regulations, and ensure that sub-contractors provide the company with appropriate documentation; risk assessments, method statements etc., and ensure the processes are implemented
• Procure utilities and infrastructure works
• Liaise with design office regarding design issues & improvements
• Quotations for customer alterations/extras
You will ideally have strong communication and negotiation skills, be a team player, organised and methodical with good IT skills. You will have excellent budgeting and financial management skills and be able to work calmly under pressure.
In return this client can offer an excellent opportunity to join a growing and developing company who are keen to invest in the right person to offer them a long term career. There are excellent benefits on offer as well as a competitive salary/package.
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.