|Job Ref:||204770221||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||Twickenham||Address:||Post Code:||TW1||Post Date:||12/10/2016 03:14|
Position: Managing Surveyor|
Salary: £Excellent + Package
My client are a leading nationwide main contractor. They have an annual turnover of circa £1bn and employ thousands of people throughout the UK. They operate in all major construction markets and have a presence in both the UK and internationally. They are currently continuing to expand their UK operations after winning several large new contracts recently. They are looking to recruit a managing surveyor to join their commercial team in their London office. This Managing surveyor role will be a site based role and the candidate will be required to manage a £60m new build residential project in Twickenham. They will lead a commercial team on site and will be reporting in to the Commercial Manager.
- Provide accurate forecasts of activity and net margin
- Attend all Project meetings as required
- Prepare and agree procurement plan and schedule aligned to target production programmes.
- Prepare the appointment of design consultants
- Administer the subcontract procurement process.
- Sign agreements up to POA level.
- Advise senior management on commercial and contractual position under main contract.
- Lead the valuation and final account process.
- Lead on the administration of subcontract agreements.
- Lead on the resolution of disputes above an agreed level.
- Authorise subcontract payments.
- Comply with monthly reporting cycle.
- Lead on, engage in and provide commercial information for objective point review meetings.
- Ensure that the projects adhere to the financial rules of reporting.
- Undertake appraisals and make recommendations to line management over staff-related issues.
- Lead on performance management issues.
- Maintain effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Ensure the Company Health and Safety safe working practices are observed at all times
- Comply with Company Policies and Procedures
- To follow the Company`s Equalities Policies in relation to other staff, customers and members of the Group, at a level appropriate to the position
- Residential experience and or JCT DB (Joint Venture Contract Design & Build) is very much a preference.
- Ability to display good leadership skills
- Remains calm under pressure
- Having strong commercial awareness and a focus on results
- Having deep technical, legal and commercial knowledge
- Creates and maintains strong relationships internally and externally
- RICS / CIOB professional membership
- Previous experience on high value £20mil+ projects/ schemes
You have to be eligible to live and work in the UK to be considered for this role. If you have any other questions feel free to call me on (Apply online only) or alternatively please send in a CV