|Job Ref:||204773296||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Rutherglen||Address:||Post Code:||G73||Salary:||£25000 - £28000/annum + plus Benefits||Post Date:||12/10/2016 03:14|
NB88 - Installation Technician (Projects)|
Location - Ritherglen
Salary - £25k - £28k DOE
Hours - 39 Hours
* To carry out installation and commissioning of Fire and Security Systems.
Aims and Objectives
* To focus on the expected team behaviours for achieving significant results and outcomes for the business, helping SPIE to maintain its leading edge status within the industry and our reputation with our customers.
* Ensure adherence to Health and Safety at all times
* To be responsive and cooperative and achieve the required tasks set
* Be part of a cohesive working team which aim to provide a high level of service to the client
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
* Adherence to set engineering standards in accordance with Health and Safety at Work Act (HASAWA) requirements.
* To ensure onsite Quality Assurance procedures are adhered to in all respects and to maintain accurate records/documentation associated with the Fire & Security Systems.
* To co-ordinate initial actions associated with all requests from the client.
* To co-ordinate visiting specialist sub contractors associated with Fire & Security Systems aspects of installations.
* Assist other trades as necessary.
* Manage workload and prioritise jobs appropriately
* To provide reports in relation to work and equipment as required.
* To undertake miscellaneous duties as requested by the Client.
* To proactively work towards the growth of the contract into other service provisions be they System Upgrades, Like for Like replacements, Project works, etc.
* To carry out installations of fire and security systems
Health & Safety
* All staff are required to fulfil their legal duty to take reasonable care for the health and safety of themselves and others who may be affected by their acts and omissions, and to follow all guidance and instructions given in this respect. Further details regarding Health & Safety responsibilities are set out in the Health & Safety Policy.
* Interface with Operations Manager & Engineering Coordinator
* Interface with Client Representative, Service Providers and Material Suppliers
Qualifications, Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Competencies
The knowledge, skills, qualifications and experience relevant to the position are:
* Fire & Security Apprenticeship
* City & Guilds Part 3 (Electrical Installation 2360) or recognised equivalent
* Health and Safety Training
* PC literate with Microsoft Word and Excel experience
* Experience in the construction industry
* Experience in installing fire and security systems
* Experience in IT & Networking
* Supervisory experience for future development
The core support team competency framework for the position are:
* Teamwork - actively contributes to the team and strives to improve teams' effectiveness through personal commitment.
* Planning, Organising & Executing - able to understand the priorities, plan and organise the work and manage own time to deliver within the expected timescales.
* Communication - communicates clearly and concisely, impressing others and ensuring understanding of all relevant information in all circumstances.
* Commercial Awareness - understands the importance for managing costs and expense, applying the necessary controls.
* Risk Management - is aware on the impact on risk to the business and applies the necessary controls.
* Adaptability - is responsive and open to changing circumstance.
* Drive for Excellence - aims to deliver a high standard of work.
* Self Motivation and Development- is confident in own ability and is motivated to deliver, using opportunities to further develop.
* Customer Awareness - responsive to the needs of the customer and aims to deliver customer satisfaction