|Job Ref:||204773717||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Manchester||Address:||Post Code:||M13||Salary:||£40000 - £50000/annum||Post Date:||12/10/2016 03:14|
North West - Manchester/Liverpool
£40,000 - £50,000 + Package
Our client, a well-established leading Construction Company in the North West, are looking for a Bid Manager to work within their successful team in the North West. The sectors they cover include Commercial, Education, Leisure, and Industrial. Project sizes range from £5 million - £60 million.
The successful candidate will be responsible for managing the individual project bid process to ensure that a properly considered and co-ordinated bid can be presented for adjudication. The role reports to the Bid Centre Manager.
• Management of tender bid & pre contract activities
• Produce winning bid strategy and brief tender team
• Manage fully considered and co-ordinated tender
• Have a full understanding of the project, scope of works and restrictions imposed by any contractual requirements and site conditions.
• Integrating and working with the other members of the bid department leading the preparation of pre-qualification and tender submissions as required.
• Enable correct net bid to be established.
• Establish opportunities/scope to win tender bids
• Risk co-ordination & mitigation
• Attend bid settlements & present bid to wider team.
• Develop relationships with clients/design team & supply chain.
• Assess viable alternatives/ value engineering that could give a competitive edge.
• Attend post-tender interviews and presentations as necessary
• Promote ideas for improving site efficiency and profitability.
• Keep up to date with new developments in construction industry.
This role requires a strong knowledge of:
• Bid management and production
• The construction industry & building contracts
• Pricing and costing
• Bidding best practice & commercial awareness of the affordable housing sector
• Construction methods & housing design standards
• Bid strategy, production and process