|Job Ref:||204773770||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Manchester||Address:||Post Code:||M13||Salary:||£35000/annum||Post Date:||12/10/2016 03:14|
£35,000 plus package
Our client, a National FTSE 250 listed contractor with a strong regional presence are looking to recruit a Bid Writer to join their North West team.
The Bid Writer will be tasked with the creation of effective yet imaginative responses to pre-qualification and tender questionnaires; working with other stakeholders from around the division to acquire pertinent information and data.
The Bid Writer will promote the business, through high quality written submissions.
• Coordinating and producing tender submissions;
• Creating high-quality proposal documents, including producing, coordinating and editing written content;
• Responsible for sourcing, collating, writing and winning construction competitive tenders for the company;
• Contribute to the team at key stages of individual tender projects, gathering technical information from internal departments in order to compile and ensure a high quality bespoke solution is offered to the client;
• Adaptable to deal with changing project requirements;
• Excellent client facing skills;
• A naturally inquisitive nature to challenge ideas and provide innovative solutions;
• Ensuring all proposals produced are to the highest quality and aligned with company bid management standards;
• Responsible for proof reading material and providing technical and commercial writing skills;
• Display a creative flair in their writing and ensuring high standards of accuracy and document control against agreed deadlines;
• Assisting with development of bespoke proposals, best practice information, technique guides; template answers and style sheets; and
• Building and developing relationships with a variety of business sector teams
• Production of high quality document, and submission of the same in line with identified deadlines;
• Reviews of previous submissions and document learning for implementation in future bids;
• Production of other promotional materials;
• Management of the submittals/Bid process;
• Assembling and shaping construction information into compelling submissions;
• Writing and editing pre-qualification/Submittal documents;
• Writing and editing capability statements and EOI documents;
• Liaising with pre-construction teams for technical content;
• Creating and editing presentations;
• Writing promotional/marketing material, best practice and award submissions; and
• Familiarity with CRM databases and office software packages.
• Industry specific knowledge of Bid Writer roles and responsibilities within the Construction market;
• Proven track record in the sector or similar role, preferably with a competitor;
• Excellent written English and communication skills;
• When needed, the desire and ability to work late hours to deliver submissions on time is required;
• Excellent organisational skills;
• Exceptional writing, editing and copy-writing skills;
• Will be comfortable working to tight deadlines; and
• Be able to thrive on new challenges and have the drive to progress the role into other areas such as awards, tenders and assist within Marketing and Business development as and when necessary.
In summary, the Bid Writer must be a driven, self-motivating individual who can set operate under challenging conditions to deliver high volumes of quality written submissions yet meet tight deadlines.
They will bring a track record in delivering successful bids, driving business growth and profit maximisation.
The Bid Writer should be capable of working autonomously and as part of a wider team