|Job Ref:||204773810||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Manchester||Address:||Post Code:||M13||Salary:||£28000 - £32000/annum||Post Date:||12/10/2016 03:14|
Assistant Quantity Surveyor|
Manchester / Liverpool
£28,000 - £32,000
Our client, a successful and established North West building contractor are looking to recruit an Assistant Quantity Surveyor to join their growing team in the North West. Working within varying sectors including health, retail and student accommodation you will be required to fulfil the following role:
Key Tasks & Responsibilities of an Assistant Quantity Surveyor -
• General project coordination and administration.
• Preparation of initial site budgets.
• Liaison, co-ordination with other departments regarding development works including engineers, surveyors, buyers, interiors and the construction team.
• Preparation of subcontract tender documents.
• Negotiation of subcontract packages.
• Chairing and preparation of minutes for Subcontract pre-order meetings.
• Preparation of subcontract documentation.
• Subcontract payments, variation claims and final account settlement.
• Measurement, calculation and preparation of direct labour prices.
• Processing payment of direct labour wages.
• Coordination with contractors on site.
• Site visits and inspections.
• Liasion with external consultants with regard to cost issues.
• Payment of utility services as required.
• Obtain risk assessments, method statements and safety documentation from subcontractors.
• Taking off and scheduling of materials for passing to buyers for ordering.
• Preparation of monthly cost reports for submission to Directors.
• Preparation of external valuations for finance reporting and funding agreements.
• Continuous financial advice throughout project to Site Management team.
• Attendance of fortnightly Project Review meetings.
• Ensuring cost control on site throughout the development programme to completion.
• Maintaining site files and records