|Job Ref:||204772361||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||West Midlands||Address:||Post Code:||WV14||Salary:||£65000/annum + Car Allowance||Post Date:||12/10/2016 03:15|
Contracts Manager West Midlands|
Salary Up to £65k + car allowance
A leading main construction contractor has a requirement for a Contracts Manager to join the expanding team in the West Midlands office.
Purpose of the Job:
As the Contracts Manager you will manage all aspects of Contract performance on a visiting basis generally, but resident where the size or complexity of project dictates. To ensure that all projects at every stage are in control. You will also ensure, in conjunction with Regional/Sector Business Heads, production input is given to the tender process to the required level, liaising with the Managing Estimator (Bid Manager) to co-ordinate the process.
Responsibilities will include:
- Working closely with Estimating Bid Managers to ensure that tenders are given correct level of production input by the "right people"
- Making the right people available to assist in tender production, advising Regional/Sector Business Heads if resources required are not available.
- Assessing and advising on requirement for and suitability of "Specialist" input
- Developing relationships through the tender process with Clients and key Subcontractors
- Ensuring benefits gained from previous experiences of the business are utilised as applicable
- Where we appoint Designers, assessing suitability, checking terms of engagement and ensuring that sufficient communication is achieved
- Ensuring that the risk/opportunities associated with the tender are highlighted and accounted for (risk/opportunity schedule)
- Ensuring adequacy of the finalised tender submission, including the quality of any accompanying requirements (programme, methodology, resources requirements etc.) together with full ownership of tender from Production
- Ensuring the successful completion of Contracts, and in the process enhancing the reputation of the company with the Client and his team
- Ensuring safety and environmental standards are maintained as a minimum
- Monitoring, measuring and controlling time cost and quality, ensuring Clients requirements are met or improved upon; ensuring corrective action is taken where necessary
- Working closely in conjunction with Managing Quantity Surveyor on all commercial matters.
The successful Contracts Manager will have:
- Degree or HND/C is likely, but could have come through a trade background
- You will have a diverse background in either industrial, commercial, healthcare, retail, leisure or student accommodation new build projects working on values between 5 million to 25 million
- You will come from a main contractor background not housing and will have successfully completed at least one major contract probably as a Senior Project Manager
- Excellent management and client relationship skills.
In return they offer a competitive salary up to £65k depending on experience along with a car or car allowance and an excellent benefit package.
Please contact me in confidence for more information on this position (Email Removed) Tel (Apply online only)