|Job Ref:||204772471||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||London||Address:||Post Code:||WC1A||Salary:||£70000 - £90000/annum||Post Date:||12/10/2016 03:15|
Technical Manager (High - End Residential Developer)|
London's leading Residential Developer is seeking an experienced and accomplished Technical Manager in London. The scheme consists of over 300 units of high end apartments and penthouses. The project is to continue for another two years.
Reports to the Managing Director and is responsible for managing all design aspects of the projects from receipt of tender enquiry through to completion. In executing the role, he/she will assist in delivering the project safely, on time, to the required standards, and within the budget, while maximising client satisfaction. He/she will take a leadership role across all aspects of delivery, including but not limited to Health & Safety, Quality, Programme, Design, Cost / Budget control and Customer Satisfaction.
He/she will assist with the development of Contractors Proposals for future projects and will be familiar with all aspects effecting the design of the project. He/she will coordinate with peers in Commercial and Construction Management. He/she will take an active role in managing the Client. He/she will ensure the design team meet their obligations and will monitor the progress of all deliverables. He/she has no financial limitations in so far as the budget costs are being met.
Key tasks include:
• Assist with the collation of Contractors Proposals and Tender Sum for future projects and ensure the key objectives and conditions are effectively communicated to the design team.
• Establish a design budget. Assist with the coordinated development of key Client contract conditions, schedules etc at the outset and manage and maintain design matters throughout.
• Prepare scope of works for external consultants to be employed and review fee proposals.
• Assist in the preparation of tenders during the construction phases of all projects working closely with the Commercial Manager having due regard for the project procurement schedule.
• Maintain accurate records of design costs, including external fees and internal time records.
• Provide regular records to the Commercial Manager so costs can be charged appropriately.
• Ensure all changes incorporated into the designs are accurately recorded and provide details of such changes to the Commercial Manager so costs can be charged appropriately.
• Ensure Health & Safety takes priority throughout the design process and maintain detailed designer risk assessments.
• Ensure that control measures are in place to support and monitor the all over performance of the design teams and the project deliverables.
• Ensure the design team have clear short / medium term goals and objectives set.
• Maintain a detailed suite of typical / standard details.
• Communicate within the company changes in legalisation / regulations which may impact on our business operations
• Ensure that all designs are in accordance with the required statutory requirements.
• Liaise with the authorities as necessary and submit information to discharge project conditions.
• Communicate the project requirements and the design programme to your peers in commercial and construction effectively and in a timely manner to ensure the relevant information is made available.
• Arrange and chair Design Meetings with the internal team, external consultants and specialist subcontractors and suppliers as necessary.
• Take ownership of all subcontractor / supplier design elements through to approval
• Maintain a positive relationship with the supply chain and promote new companies to maintain flexibility and growth potential.
• Liaise with the Contracts Manager regarding any areas of non-conformance observed during regular site visits.
• Prepare and Agree Consultant Final Accounts.
• Build a team spirit within the design team and ensure that team members have the necessary training and experience to carry out their duties. Encourage CPD training.
• Bring to the attention of the Managing Director any matter you feel will impact on the overall success of the project delivery.
• Set a personal example and always conduct yourself in a professional manner appropriate to your responsibility acting as an Ambassador for the Company