|Job Ref:||204772679||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||London||Address:||Post Code:||WC1A||Salary:||£40000 - £50000/annum||Post Date:||12/10/2016 03:15|
Job Title: Quantity surveyor|
Location: Central London
Start Date: ASAP
Salary: 40,000 - 50,000
I am urgently seeking a Quantity Surveyor with 4 to 7 years' experience to work on various groundworks projects. This role will be based in Central London and they will be reporting into the commercial manager.
* Undertake a review of Conditions of Contract at contract award stage and negotiate terms to minimise risk exposure to the business.
* Following agreement of terms offer Contracts for execution prior to project commencement or where this is not possible ensure the business' legal position is protected by the agreement of fundamental terms.
* Provide post contract commercial and contractual guidance to site based teams and keep direct report(s) advised at all times of any commercial and contractual issues that may affect the project and / or business.
* Ensure that project and business profit objectives and targets are met and where possible exceeded through rigorous cost control and identifying, pricing and agreeing the effects of scope and programme changes.
* Maximise project cash performance through timely submission of interim applications, agreement of certified amounts (including the defence of any contentious items) and ensuring that payments are received on time.
* You will need experience in working on a bespoke form of contract with a background in civils.
Accountable for all post contract quantity surveying duties on one or more projects including:
* Project records: Liaison with site teams to ensure that proper records are kept and maintained on site and copies routinely returned to the managing office to facilitate claims and counter claims.
* Change: Identification of scope and programme changes including assessment of contractual entitlement, valuation and agreement of effects
* Claims: Assist with the preparation of loss and expense submissions.
* Sub-Contractors: Prepare subcontract documents for internal review prior to issue. Agree terms to minimise the project and business risk exposure and maximise cash performance.
* Administer subcontracts in accordance with the conditions of subcontract.
* Applications: Timely preparation and submission of interim payments, including measurement and valuation of work in progress and identification of any risk associated with securing payment of amounts applied for.
* Certification: Agreement of certified amounts for work in progress including contentious items whilst ensuring the client complies with his contractual obligations for issue of Payment, Withholding and Pay Less Notices.
* Payment: Liaise with the client and finance department to secure timely payment including interest on any overdue amounts.
* Final Account: Timely preparation of final accounts for internal review prior to submission including the provision of assistance with final account agreement as required.
* Reporting: Assist with the preparation of internal commercial and financial reports.
Previous Experience as a Quantity Surveyor
Presents a professional image whilst promoting the company
Strong IT Skills
Committed and Hardworking
Organised, with good time management skills and the ability to meet deadlines
Interpret information and instructions correctly and carry out tasks accordingly
Can adapt to different tasks quickly and efficiently
If you are looking for an opportunity that will offer excellent career development and job satisfaction working with a market leader, please apply today.
If you feel you could be suitable for this role, please email your CV to (url removed), if you require any further information please don't hesitate to call Olivia Coombs on (Apply online only).
Role types; QS, Freelance QS, Quantity Surveyor, Freelance Quantity Surveyor, Quantity Surveyor, Contract Surveyor, Senior Quantity Surveyor, Senior QS, Commercial Manager, Freelance Commercial Manager