|Job Ref:||204772715||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Buckinghamshire||City:||Milton Keynes||Address:||Post Code:||MK9||Salary:||£32000/annum||Post Date:||12/10/2016 03:15|
Our client is an exciting new start-up business that develops and commercialises testing and performance verification solutions in the built environment. The first product offering has the potential to transform the existing market for air permeability and create new markets.|
This is a unique opportunity which demands both a technical and commercial (or business management) skill set. The postholder will report directly to the Board and will be fully supported by the three founding stakeholders and their teams. The successful candidate will be technically competent and conversant with building performance and will have a proven track record in some form of business management or complimentary commercial activity. There will be an expectation that the successful candidate will be comfortable in undertaking selling and business development activities alongside the critical technical and product enhancement role that will be required.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Technically qualified to degree level or similar relative to the construction sector
- An understanding or appreciation of building physics and building performance
- Some experience of building testing / certification or knowledge of, would be an advantage
- Experience in applied/field based research environment, compilation and presentation of evidence
- Familiar with building practices
- Site or site practice related experience would be an advantage
- Good business acumen with business skills encompassing
- Financial forecasting and budget management
- Sales and basic marketing skills
Our client is an equal opportunity employer.
Travel: National and some International
To be considered for this role, apply now