|Job Ref:||204775740||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Hampshire||City:||Portsmouth||Address:||Post Code:||PO2||Salary:||£250/day||Post Date:||12/10/2016 03:15|
Our client specialises in Retail, Student Accommodation and Commercial Projects.
Scheme comprises the construction of a 10 storey building to provide 480 student rooms. Works include access, enabling, infrastructure sewer system and landscaping.
• The H&S Manager will assist the Divisional Head of H&S in supporting and advising the client.
• Management team and its operations (projects), assisting with all aspects of H&S. The H&S Manager will work closely with the Director Responsible for H&S, the Regional Construction Director(s) and project teams.
• Manage all aspects of H&S in relation to the clients activities, act as the focal point and champion for H&S, working closely with the operating company management team and project management teams, including attending necessary operating company meetings as required
• Promote the clients campaigns and initiatives and ensure that appropriate focus is afforded to the wider aspirations set at a strategic level.
• Be familiar with relevant statutory requirements and the requirements of the clients H&S Management System to ensure that the projects under their control are in possession of the necessary Health and Safety documentation in accordance with client's policy and procedures and that they are aware of all current legislation, codes of practice and other relevant literature.
• Provide guidance on the clients Codes of practice, H&S Management System, statutory requirements and other relevant literature.
• Provide advice and support and be actively involved in the planning of future works/developments and in particular assist in the letting of works packages and where necessary attend post tender and pre-start meeting with consultants or contractors.
• Visit all projects on a frequent basis to support and advise the site based teams in order to ensure that the highest H&S standards are achieved and maintained. Review project H&S documentation and procedures for suitability.
• Initiate and maintain positive and pro-active measures to raise the level of H&S awareness and performance throughout all departments of the operating company.
• Liaise with the Group Project H&S Assessment team in respect to their site visits and in particular ensuring the close out of any actions arising.
• Ensure that all accidents, dangerous occurrences and near misses are thoroughly reported, investigated and conclusions drawn as to how recurrence may be avoided in line with the clients 'Accident Reporting and Investigation Code of Practice'.
• Manage contact with Enforcement Agencies (HSE, EHO, etc.) where required.
• Provide guidance and assistance with the operating company training programme in accordance with the clients Training policy.
• Have the authority to suspend work activities on the grounds of H&S.
• Play an active role on a wider basis with H&S department activities.
• Set a personal example of safe behaviour.
• Assist with any other H&S matter as may be appropriate.
• Facilitate regular H&S reviews within the operating company.
• Main contractor or residential developer background
• Proven track record in health & safety management
• NEBOSH Construction Certificate
• Member of IOSH
• Working knowledge of CDM regulations