|Job Ref:||204775835||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Cambridge||Address:||Post Code:||CB1||Salary:||£35000 - £45000/annum plus package||Post Date:||12/10/2016 03:15|
My client is a main contractor and market leader within the Construction sector who have an opportunity within their organisation to provide an efficient and effective procurement service for the range of products/services with the company at the least overall cost to the NA role of Category Buyer is to work closely with the Category Manager and or Category Lead to develop sourcing strategies and category management of goods and services across the business.
* Agree measureable targets and objectives with your superior and monitor to ensure targets and plans are met.
* Propose and implement procurement practices appropriate to the business needs.
* Plan, negotiate and implement Procurement Agreements resulting in reduced costs in terms of purchase price, improvement in payment terms and material stockholding with no detriment to quality of products.
* New product development co-ordination.
* Generate quarterly Vendor Rating System reports.
* Maintain the currency and raw material database.
* Invoice clearance re discrepancies with price.
* Represent Group Procurement whilst working with stakeholders to build trust and confidence in the delivery of objectives.
* Provide consolidated monthly reports on forecasted and achieved benefits on a year to date and annualised basis.
* Any other duties requested by the company.
* Detailed knowledge of procurement practices in a manufacturing, 5S, TQM environment.
* Knowledge of company products and their principal features, the suitability of purchased plant/materials and the relevance of their specification.
* General knowledge of commodity sources within the construction sector. * Minimum of five years' experience within a purchasing function.
* Negotiation and interpersonal skills.
* Working towards or holds CIPS qualification.
* Ability to organise and plan effectively in a demanding environment
* Willingness to learn and to be flexible as required
* Good interpersonal and communication skills
* Good problem resolving skills - resilience and ability to thrive in a challenging environment
* Completer finisher - motivated at seeing a task through to completion
* Can maximise a potential opportunity and can see how to improve the process and/or service
* Build relationships with design department and provide costing information for tenders within requested timescales.
My candidate is looking to offer a base salary of up tp £45k plus competitive package for the right candidate.
If this role is of interest to you, please don't hesitate to get in touch with Richard Jones at