|Job Ref:||204776173||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||London||Address:||Post Code:||WC1A||Salary:||£200 - £250/day||Post Date:||12/10/2016 03:15|
We are urgently seeking an experienced Site Engineer on behalf our client; a reputable civil engineering, construction and rail contractor who have an immediate requirement on a major civils project.|
The successful candidate must have extensive knowledge and a solid background working for main contractors on multi-million pound projects in a civils environment.
As the Site Engineer, your key duties and responsibilities will be:-
* Ensure Health, Safety and Environmental requirements are adhered to.
* Undertake Surveying and setting out duties.
* Check drawings and quantities.
* Schedule selected materials for ordering from the procurement department.
* Plan the work and efficiently organise site operations in order to meet an agreed programme of deadlines.
* Liaise with any consultants and sub-contracts engaged in the project as necessary.
* Ensure quality records necessary to meet quality requirements are maintained.
* Resolve any unexpected technical difficulties and other problems that may arise.
* Arrange testing of materials.
* Undertake the testing and calibration of instruments used.
* Keep a Site Diary.
* Fully interact with other members of the construction site team (team player).
* Liaise with other function/departmental managers.
* Introduce improvements and innovation where appropriate to areas of responsibility.
* Other duties as required by the Site Manager to facilitate construction of the works.
Please also see below the personal specification for this role:-
* Demonstrate 2 Years + experience as a Site Engineer
* Demonstrate strong communication skills
Health & Safety
* CSCS Card
We are inviting applicants to send their CV's to (url removed) or if you require further information please call Olivia Coombs on (Apply online only)