|Job Ref:||204776195||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Belfast||Address:||Post Code:||BT7||Salary:||£50000 - £80000/annum Depends on Experience||Post Date:||12/10/2016 03:15|
Contracts Manager (Building) - London/Belfast |
£50,000 - £80,000 Depending on Experience
We have a new opening in Belfast for an experienced contracts manager for London based building projects. You will me managing the contracts for the housing projects with the help of the project managers. The projects range from converting commercial space into Apartments, to new build multiple home housing developments.
As you would expect for a contracts Manager role a very good grasp of contracts and building is required, with an ability to build robust JCT forms of contrast a must, and at that level your responsibilities will be similar across the projects.
As Contracts Manager you will play the key role in the delivery of the project from the head office, some travel to site will be expected. You will plan the program and monitor its overall progress, resolving issues and initiating corrective action as appropriate with the help of your onsite project managers. You will manage through your team; all safety, quality, time and budget parameters to deliver the project appropriately. You will liaise with stakeholders and closely manage the contracts from both the client and to the subcontractors.
Your role responsibilities will include but not be limited to the following:
* Contracts Manager will be principle point of contact for the Client.
* Responsible for overall management and delivery of the contract.
* Responsible for commercial performance of sub contracts works in line with tender allowances and projected margins
* Managing project teams to deliver project objectives.
* Maintaining client/customer relationships, including the successful delivery of projects.
* Planning, programming and delivery of works to clients programme
* Ensuring company safety and environmental standards are maintained and ensuring high quality control.
Requirements for the role:
* Minimum 10years Contract Management experience, including 5 years relative to the projects.
* Demonstrated track record in the successful management of contracts/projects ranging between £2M and £20M.
* Experience in managing project delivery teams.
* Strong understanding and experience in contract management.
* Excellent cost management skills.
* 3rd level qualification in a Civil or Construction course, or a relevant discipline, would be advantageous but not essential.
* Strong understanding of Environmental, Health, Safety and Quality management systems.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office and Project.
* Drivers licence.
If you feel this 'Contracts Manager' role is something you may be interested in and you would like to be considered please apply via the button or contact Stephen at on NA
This vacancy is being advertised by Wellington Professional Recruitment Ltd. The services advertised by Wellington Professional Recruitment Ltd are those of an Employment Agency on behalf of our client