|Job Ref:||204776197||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Warwickshire||City:||Warwickshire||Address:||Salary:||£26000 - £32000/annum + Overtime, Company Van, Training||Post Date:||12/10/2016 03:15|
Mechanic & Operations Coordinator|
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Carry out ongoing maintenance on all boats, plant & vehicles
- Undertake emergency breakdowns on boats and plant
- Marinise engines and undertake engine rebuilds (not essential)
- Liaise with the office to ensure all records for servicing, LOLER etc are up to date
- Undertake pre-hire inspections on all boats and plant going out on hire
- Deliver plant & induct clients on boats and plant
- Collect plant and complete off-hire inspections on all boats and plant
- May be a need to go to site to undertake contracting if needed
- Mechanical engineering
- Ability to work alone and in a team
- Good communication skills especially as representing the company with clients & on site
- Good initiative and ability to plan time effectively
- Every other Saturday morning is worked at 1.25 normal hourly rate
For 35 years, our client has established themselves as a leader within their specialist field. Due to expansion, they are now in a position to add an additional team member. The Mechanic & operation controller will receive a competitive salary, company vehicle, within this fantastic opportunity, the mechanic & operations controller you will also be given the opportunity and support through training and development, to become an expert in this field.
The successful Mechanic & Operations Controller, will have sound knowledge of both mechanical motors, engines, repairs, with fault finding and diagnostics, you will need to be highly organised, confident and customer focused when dealing with our clients customers.
Our client has been involved with the boats and contracting for the last 15 years and has grown the business to be the largest floating plant hire fleet in the country. The Mechanic & operations Controller will be a key member of the team, and play a major part in the companies success. In addition to floating plant the company also hires out plant such as diggers, piling hammers and a range of other attachments required for working on the canals and in the construction industry.
Salary: £26,000 to £32,000 DOE
Hours: 40 hours