|Job Ref:||204776274||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||North West London||Address:||Post Code:||NW1||Post Date:||12/10/2016 03:15|
Due to the expansion of operations within our Transport / Fleet Department, we are seeking an Assistant Transport Manager to join our team.|
The successful candidate will be required to:
- Deal with queries by telephone and email from our internal and external customer base.
- Effectively plan and utilise vehicles and drivers.
- Ensure compliance for Operator Licence undertakings are met at all times.
- Source and book sub-contractor vehicles where necessary.
- Report problems and deal with any issues/queries that may arise.
- Assist with the processing of motor insurance claims.
- Ensure all paperwork is actioned and completed promptly.
- Assist in health and safety compliance for the department.
- Report and arrange rectification of vehicle defects.
- Assist in the maintenance of a large mixed fleet of vehicles.
- Previous transport experience in a busy and fast paced environment.
- Work well in a team environment.
- PC Literate with Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Possess a general understanding of Operator Licence compliance requirements.
- Active problem solving, analytical and organisational skills.
- Sound decision maker when under pressure
- Effective time management skills.
- Strong communication skills at all levels within the business.
- Highly motivated.
- Flexible in approach to work and shift patterns and adaptable to meet business demands.
Desirable, but not essential:
- Hold a current National or International CPC, or working towards attaining either qualification.
- Vocational licence entitlement for category C1 and/or C.
- Understanding or experience of FORS.
- Be familiar with ISO accreditation and procedures.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a dedicated Transport Assistant to join a well established and successful contractor, who are keen to recruit and promote dedicated staff. Please respond with CV and two references