|Job Ref:||204776888||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Essex||Address:||Post Code:||SS14||Post Date:||12/10/2016 03:16|
Job title - Quantity Surveyor |
Location - Rainham, Essex
An opportunity has arisen for a Quantity Surveyor to join a growing business with offices in Essex, Derby and Glasgow.
Although they are a specialist Sub-Contractor delivering electrical services to the rail industry they will keep an open mind regarding people from different sectors/background.
Working as a valued member of the commercial team, you ll be involved in many aspects of quantity surveying such as:
- Compiling monthly/periodically application for payment information;
- Developing effective working relationships with members of the project management team;
- Identification and valuation of variations;
- Implementation of change control procedures;
- Measurement of work done and administration of site records;
- Preparation and issuance of contractual notices;
- Procurement of suppliers and sub-subcontractors.
- Provide support with financial reporting for projects;
- Understand contract requirements and assist with contractual correspondence;
- Understanding of risk and identifying the implications of actions taken by yourself and the project team.
- Driven, self-motivated attitude, with the ability to work on your own initiative;
- A team player with the ability to interact with a wide variety of people at all levels;
- Ability to analyse drawings and designs;
- Ability to interpret and monitor programmes against contractual period for completion dates;
- Above average numeracy and literacy skills;
- An understanding of contractual arrangements;
- Good attention to detail and communication skills.
- Ideally experience within a rail, construction or engineering environment;
This is an excellent opportunity to join a progressive company with a healthy order book of work.
If you are interested in this Quantity Surveyor role, please contact Michael Webb on (Apply online only) or email