|Job Ref:||204776640||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Penrith||Address:||Post Code:||CA11||Salary:||£18000 - £24000/annum following 20 weeks at £7.50||Post Date:||12/10/2016 03:16|
Our client is a family run company based in Penrith, Cumbria who specialise in external wall insulation systems. |
We are XL Graduate Placement Ltd and we specialise in graduate recruitment for businesses across the United Kingdom. We seek graduate jobs that are a mixture of short term or business improvement projects which are most likely to lead to permanent graduate positions.
The Graduate Role:
You will start on a 20 week probationary period paid at £7.50 per hour. On successful completion of your probation, there is a permanent graduate position available with a starting salary circa £18,000-£24,000.
This is a Graduate QS/Estimator role based in Penrith, Cumbria. You would be required to undertake the following tasks:
* Ensuring contract cash flow is maintained
* Preparing the monthly valuation to the client for payment, submitting the contract works & the variation account for approval, negotiating & agreeing the account on a monthly basis
* Managing the monthly CVRs, processing sub-contractor payments, negotiating and agreeing their sub-contract variations and measured works
* Preparing final accounts and contra charges
* Re-measurement of Bills of Quantities
* Preparing cost budgets and prices for contact variations
* Preparation of contract claims information
* Checking material sizes and quantities for procurement
* Setting up and maintaining contract files
* Preparing turnover and profit forecasts
Graduate Skills requirement:
The successful candidate will be degree qualified in Quantity Surveying and have the following skills:
* A high standard of numeracy
* oral and written communication skills
* be able to demonstrate a capability to organise and prioritise workloads effectively and on their own initiative
* Understanding and working knowledge of Microsoft Office, in particular Word, Excel and Outlook.
Please note that this graduate recruitment exercise is to identify a Graduate Quantity Surveyor/Estimator for a position based in Penrith, Cumbria - all applicants will be expected to travel to this location for an interview and then each day of work.
If you feel you have the necessary skills for this excellent graduate opportunity, then please apply online:
We look forward to hearing from you.
If you are interested in this placement please apply by clicking on the link below or contact XL Graduate Placement for further details.
XL Graduate Placement is the UK's leading graduate recruitment specialists with nationwide opportunities for graduates across all industry sectors, including; HR, Engineering, Business, Marketing, Finance, Construction and ICT. We place graduates in permanent positions with our clients, as well as 5-6 month paid work placements directly linked to your future career choice - more than two thirds of our placements directly end with permanent graduate positions.
XL Graduate Placement is part of Nicholas Associates Group, a market leading partner of choice for talent management solutions, from Apprentice to Boardroom. For us, it's all about enabling people to be their best.
To find out more about us please visit (url removed)