|Job Ref:||204775377||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Halifax||Address:||Post Code:||HX1||Salary:||£40000 - £45000/annum||Post Date:||12/10/2016 03:16|
Cost Estimator - Industrial Projects|
Up to £45K plus benefits package
Cubed Resourcing are working closely with a world leading international engineering business that currently have an opportunity for a Cost Estimator, based from its production site accessible from Hebden Bridge, Huddersfield, Halifax, Oldham, Rochdale and Burnley.
Our client have a presence in over 70 countries with a number of highly-engineered products which are a key component in numerous industries. We`re recruiting for this new role due to continued growth and increase of long term contracts and workload.
As a Cost Estimator, you will provide budgetary cost/proposals to customers for their total engineering solutions, which will require obtaining internal costs for selected equipment in addition to estimating and co-ordinating third party costs for supporting work which may also be required.
Key responsibilities relating to the role:
- Working with Process Engineers following visits at selected customer sites, providing costings for any solutions to existing processes/systems
- Preparation and quick turnaround of budgetary estimates utilising existing equipment prices and estimating metrics for civil, groundwork, steel structure and installation as required
- Preparation of customer tenders based on identified solutions and ensure clearance in accordance with the company`s commercial practises
- Deal with all aspects of client liaison & design including preparations of quotations for a range of contract values including site inspections and meetings where required to deliver the most balanced commercially advantageous/reliable solution
- To coordinate the bid review process by liaising with other functions within the business to ensure there is a clear understanding of the scope of supply, accurate estimation of costs, achievable lead times and an assessment of the overall commercial risk
Who we are looking for...
- Minimum 5 years` estimating experience for equipment, construction and civil work
- Degree qualified in a relevant subject i.e. Construction, Civils', Quantity Surveying, Engineering
- Experience within the construction industry, estimating and quantity surveying, working on projects from pre-tender through to delivery
- Experience in negotiation, costing and pricing, contract administrations and customer communications
- Experience in detailing and understanding process flow sheets, equipment lists and plant solutions
- Good knowledge of the most commonly used Conditions of Contract and good at identifying risks (commercial and construction)
- Ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines with an innovative and continuous improvement approach
- Awareness and knowledge of SAP, Aggflow, JK Simnent (ideal but not essential)
What you can expect in return...
You will have a clear career pathway way that rewards in line with your ability to contribute to the major objectives of the team and wider business. Package includes 25 days` holiday plus 8 bank holidays, flexible working hours and pension scheme.
Please apply with a full CV or contact Katya for more information on (Apply online only) or (url removed) 
 mailto:(url removed)