|Job Ref:||204775093||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Rutherglen||Address:||Post Code:||G73||Post Date:||12/10/2016 03:16|
JA51: Electrical Technician|
To carry out Planned Preventative Maintenance (PPM), Reactive Maintenance and extra works/emergencies in accordance with the contract requirements on Electrical Services.
* To carry out PPM in accordance with set schedules, ensuring engineering standards are maintained in order to maximise the operational effectiveness and reliability of the Plant and associated electrical systems.
* Adherence to set engineering standards in accordance with Health and Safety at Work Act (HASAWA) requirements.
* To ensure onsite Quality Assurance procedures are adhered to in all respects and to maintain accurate records/documentation associated the electrical aspects of the PPM and plant.
* To respond in a prompt and effective manner to all electrically related reactive maintenance issues, and help desk requests.
* To co-ordinate initial actions associated with all requests from the client.
* To co-ordinate visiting specialist sub contractors associated with electrical aspects of the PPM schedules.
* To respond to call outs and cover breakdowns and emergencies associated with the electrical services aspects of the contract as required.
* Electrical fault diagnosis associated with the PPM or Reactive maintenance of the site.
* Repair of electrical systems and controls associated with Heating and Ventilation Building Services.
* Repair and maintenance of lighting and distribution systems.
* Assist other trades as necessary.
* To attend monthly site meetings as required.
* To provide reports in relation to work and equipment as required.
* To undertake miscellaneous duties as requested by the Client.
* To proactively work towards the growth of the contract into other service provisions be they Mechanical and Electrical, Like for Like replacements, Project works, FM Soft Services etc.
* City & Guilds Parts 1 and 2 (Electrical Installation 2360) or recognised equivalent; or
* 17th Edition Institute of Electrical Engineers (I.E.E) Registration or recognised equivalent; or
* Electrical Apprenticeship - gained within the building maintenance industry; and
* Health and Safety Training;
* GCSE (or 'O' Level equivalent) passes in Maths and English or recognised equivalent; and
* Experience with similar maintenance duties including fault diagnosis, rectification.
* Experience in the Electrical aspects of general building PPM schedules
* Experienced in electrical installation work,
* 17th edition Level 3 City & Guilds Certificate 2391-10 in inspection, testing & certification of electrical installations to BS 7671 standard
* City & Guilds Part 3 (Electrical Installation 2360) or recognised equivalent
* Experience in computer PPM management systems (Concept 300)
* Experience with Uninterruptible Power Supply (UPS)
* Basic Mechanical experience/knowledge
* Supervisory experience for future development
* Experience in BMS systems