|Job Ref:||204774994||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Cambridgeshire||City:||Huntingdon||Address:||Post Code:||PE29||Post Date:||12/10/2016 03:16|
We have built our reputation in the Construction Industry, migrated our expertise and integrated our services to become the leading partner for Aggregate Supply, Waste Management & Recycling, Ready-Mixed Concrete, Earthworks and Demolition.
We embrace new technologies to work smarter and invest in the professional development of our people. The approach adopted throughout the business is to encourage and support every employee in achieving their career aspirations.
Due to continued success, we are currently looking for a skilled and experienced Land Surveyor to join our rapidly expanding Contracting department. The purpose of this role will be to conduct surveying services at various locations throughout East Anglia and the Midlands. This will be a varied role which will find the successful candidate working on a wide range of projects such as roads, tunnels, land re-development and mining and quarrying.
About the Role
• To carry out initial surveys and to assess workability of construction plans.
• Using surveying instruments & GPS to map accurate coordinates of site features.
• To produce digital images of sites and mapping land use with GPS and TPS.
• To gather data using GPS/TPS and analyse site features. To store and distribute data accordingly.
• The monitoring of land movement and subsidence on Mick George Projects.
• The draughting of 2D & 3D maps using mapping and CAD software.
• To ensure all survey equipment is properly maintained.
Key Skills & Experience
• Excellent understanding of modern surveying equipment and CAD programmes.
• Knowledge of planning and environmental regulations.
• The ability to analyse and interpret graphical data.
• To be able to work under pressure and plan and prioritise workload without compromising high level of accuracy required.
• Strong presentation skills.
• Good understanding of Health and Safety.
• Excellent Maths, Science and Engineering skills.
• Full UK Driving License required.
• A degree or professional qualification accredited by RICS in any of the following:
o Civil Engineering
o Geographical Information Science