|Job Ref:||204774681||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Berkshire||City:||Ascot||Address:||Post Code:||SL5||Salary:||£55000 - £65000/annum + DOE Negiotable||Post Date:||12/10/2016 03:16|
3D Personnel are currently recruiting a QS for our client who specialises in Home building in the UK.|
Our client are one of the best known House Builders in the UK encompassing medium to large-scale developments in towns, cities and the countryside, mixed use schemes, riverside apartments, refurbished historic buildings and urban loft spaces.
They currently require a Quantity Surveyor on a permanant position to join there office in Ascot.
The purpose and remit of the Quantity Surveyor role:-
* Ensure all duties are carried out in the accordance with standard company HSE procedures and work instructions.
* Accountable for the profitability of the project/s, and develop an appropriate commercial strategy for the project/s to ensure delivery of required margins, in conjunction with the relevant Project Management team member/s.
* Produce and provide accurate forecasts of project/s cost to completion and final value with other members of the team.
* Continually monitor the projected costs to completion in line with budget.
* Ensure that the necessary interface information between the customers, sub-contractors and other departments is provided in a timely manner.
* Monitor the cash flow and valuation plan, ensuring the applications are made correctly and in a timely manner.
* Ensure the contract variations are identified, valued and turned into agreed variation orders with the customers in a timely manner.
* Manage the subcontract tender process, including the selection of the sub-contractors and the provision of all relevant contract and schedule documentation.
* Ensure that each of the sub-contractors accounts is managed strictly in accordance with their terms and conditions. .
* Assist the Project Management team member/s in arranging and undertaking project reviews and the issue of associated reports.
* Provide accurate monthly reporting of the costs and values on the project/s in line with our client's company's reporting process.
The Quantity Surveyor skills and experience required:-
* Previous experience in Quantity Surveying, At least 2/3 years Experience.
* Valid CSCS card is required.
* Membership of a relevant professional body and / or relevant professional qualification is desirable i.e. RICS / CIOB / RIBA / ICE / CIBSE.
* Sound working knowledge of construction, contract law and various forms of Conditions of Contract.
* Detailed knowledge and understanding of the tendering and procurement processes.
* Knowledge of construction techniques used on particular projects.
* Ability to apply the knowledge and the principles of commercial management to construction projects.
* Knowledge and understanding of subcontracting principles, together with the ability to draft and administer subcontracts.
* Ability to implement procedures to quantify and cost construction works, i.e. the use of appropriate standard methods of measurement.
* Understanding of the requirements to provide and the obtaining of Insurance, Bonds and Warranties.
* Proven ability to work as part of a team and on own initiative.
If this position is of interest to you please send your CV to or call NA