|Job Ref:||204774378||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||Luton||Address:||Post Code:||LU3||Salary:||£18000 - £20000/annum package||Post Date:||12/10/2016 03:16|
A building services contractor for a Housing Association established for over 40 years and are leaders in providing full building services currently has a key requirement for a planner to work in the Property Services Supervisor based in the Luton Area. |
As a planner you will be responsible for:
the Planning/Admin Supervisor, to ensure that all Property Services works are controlled, managed, recorded and efficiently scheduled within defined target time frames to meet or exceed key performance Indicators (KPIs)
* Scheduling resources over the period of days to weeks to ensure that the resources are used efficiently and our residents are given the best service possible and kept informed of any changes
Liaising with Manager's & Supervisors to assist in the coordination of Operatives & Subcontractors predominately for our Decent Homes programme and Voids works.
Liaise with other Planners to achieve the best deployment of operatives across the area, reducing travel and down time.
Update operational systems and spreadsheets to schedule, record, report performance, capture costs and reflect the current status of jobs i.e. work done etc
* Assist in the re-scheduling of works direct from the tradesman whilst on site
Communicate and re-schedule jobs in the event of any changes, updates, unplanned absence of a tradesman or cancellation, and to contact/liaise with the customer via the telephone directly to agree these changes.
* Schedule of works following a visit from a Property Services Maintenance Inspector
As a planner you will have:
* Previous experience in a similar type of role
* Previous use of bespoke database packages
* Previous experience of good communication practices (phones, e-mails, IT packages inc. MS Outlook etc)
* Experience within construction/building maintenance contracting sector
* Good understanding of the efficient use of labour
* Co-ordinating or planning the day to day operational work of others
Paying 18k + benefits