|Job Ref:||204774355||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Dublin||Address:||Salary:||£30000 - £40000/annum||Post Date:||12/10/2016 03:16|
Our Client, an NI based, UK wide, leading Building and Civil engineering contractor, are currently looking to employ an experienced and ambitious Health & Safety Manager for a site based in Dublin|
Project Value from 30million Euro
Good competitive packages available for the right candidates
The Health & Safety Manager reports directly to the SHEQ Director and will liaise with the Project Manager and site team and is responsible for advising on overall compliance in matters of Health & Safety on site in accordance with Company policy and relevant statutory provisions. The Health & Safety Manager must lead by example and serve as a role model in mobilising the team and ensuring the highest standards of health & safety are adopted throughout.
• Conducting regular, formal site audits and carrying out inspections as directed in the Safety Management System;
• Ensuring that record of statutory inspections are kept for all activities and plant equipment;
• Delivering and completing statutory notifications to the Health & Safety Authority for the project and all incident / accident reporting and to conduct inspector site visits as required by the Health & Safety Authority;
• Delivering Health & Safety induction programmes for new employees or contractors working on site;
• Managing and making recommendations for Personal Protection Equipment required for the Client's Employees;
• Assisting Site Management in compiling cost records and forecasts for all issues associated with Health & Safety including, but not limited to, contra charges, training, purchases, etc;
• Organising and chairing the Safety Meetings for the client and Sub-Contractors personnel;
• Ensuring sub-contractor safety statements and required Method statements are available on site and assess sub-contractor statements and method statements, assisting where required;
• Advising / assisting Site Management in drafting and communicating Method Statements;
• Compiling, updating and communication site Emergency Plans
• Conducting preliminary accident investigations and statutory notifications, while keeping the SHEQ Director and Site Manager updated;
• Making sure First Aiders are available, that an adequate quantity of First Aid supplies is in stock and that all relevant Certs are updated;
• Collecting and collating relevant information for inclusion in the Safety File and preparing for handover to the Client at the end of the project.
• Health and Safety Cert, Diploma or Degree is essential (NEBOSH)
• With 3+ years' experience in the construction industry.
• Previous experience managing safety on a similar project.
• Excellent communication, leadership, training and presentation skills.
This is an exciting opportunity to gain invaluable experience with a Uk wide contractor on a multi-million pound project. It is vital that you are committed to a site based role