|Job Ref:||204773905||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Manchester||Address:||Post Code:||M13||Salary:||£55000/annum||Post Date:||12/10/2016 03:16|
Senior Quantity Surveyor|
£55,000 plus package
Our client, a Top 10 Main Contractor based in the North West, are looking for a Senior Quantity Surveyor to join their Commercial team. This is a great opportunity for the right candidate as our client is offering excellent salaries and future opportunities for progression.
Job Role -
The Senior Quantity Surveyor will take responsibility for the execution of the Quantity Surveying function on allocated project(s), within limits defined by the Commercial Manager, in order to fulfil the requirements of the Company in maximising quality of service and profitability ensuring that all relevant Company procedures and Group Standards are met in accordance with the Integrated Business Manual.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities -
• Set up necessary systems to efficiently file and retrieve information and allow others to do likewise. Archive old project material.
• Able to work unsupervised, managing all aspects of Subcontractor accounts
• Able to work unsupervised to prepare interim valuations and final accounts
• Compile monthly application for payment to Client and track the certification
• Manage the procurement of sub-contractors
• Prepare monthly regional CV and forecast reports
• Compile Project specific commercial issues for reporting and presentation at Client progress meetings
• Compile, submit and agree the financial effects of variations
• Has a working understanding of contact conditions, particularly relating to:
o Obligations of parties to the contract
o Valuations of variations
o Payment/final account
• Work with the project operational staff to ensure that the profitable and commercial aspects of site decisions are understood
• Support the Agent and General Foreman in jointly ensuring the working environment is that of trust, integrity, motivation and enjoyment