|Job Ref:||204770057||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Brighton||Address:||Post Code:||BN2||Post Date:||12/10/2016 03:16|
Midgard is the main contracting division of the JRL Group and utilises all the company's in-house resources and facilities to provide clients with a bespoke construction service.|
• Relevant qualifications and experience as a Quantity Surveyor.
• Sound judgement and problem solving skills
• Commercial and contractual awareness
• Experience of managing a team.
• The Quantity Surveyor reports to the Commercial Manager / Commercial Director and is responsible for seeking to minimize the costs of a project and enhance value for money, while still achieving the required standards and quality.
• Lead procurement of subcontract packages in accordance with programme requirements and assist Buying Department in the procurement of supply packages, include production of site requisitions and call off schedules.
• Manage all costs relating to the project, from the initial construction budgets to final account.
• Prepare cost value reconciliation (CVR), create regular budget updates, update cost control system and prepare the monthly cost and progress report for internal CVR meetings.
• Maximise cash flow through the control, measurement and valuation of work, and the invoicing of clients and payment of subcontractors and suppliers.
• Agreement of subcontract valuations and completion of regular and timely payment certificates. Obtaining agreement of accounts at earliest possible date