|Job Ref:||204769870||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Cheshire||City:||Warrington||Address:||Post Code:||MK46||Salary:||£40000 - £50000/annum||Post Date:||12/10/2016 03:16|
A Warrington Based construction company is looking for a Health and safety Group Manager. The Company is in a strong period of growth and currently has a very successful number of large contracts under construction in the North West. The manager will be planning, implementing, monitoring and reviewing protective and preventative safety measures on site and ideally will have experience |
The company specialise in High Value new build projects mainly High rise mixed use developments.
The H&S Group Manager will be working under the direction of the Head of Construction and will be responsible for ensuring that employers and workers comply with safety legislation and that safety policies and practices are adopted and adhered to by planning, implementing, monitoring and reviewing protective and preventative safety measures.
The H&S Group Manager will work in partnership with employees, directors and contractors to minimize operational losses, occupational health problems, accidents and injuries.
This multi-site role will require an active hands on management and advisory approach across all projects.
• Drive a culture of Health and Safety awareness with a focus on continuous improvement;
• Manage and control the SHEQ policies and procedures.
• Plan and prioritise activities to ensure that all health and safety requirements are achieved with minimal impact to productivity across the organisation;
• Monitor, evaluate and review existing, new and upcoming health and safety legislation and ensure that the group has systems and practices in place to meet legal compliance;
• Assist in the identification of employee and subcontractor training needs and develop and deliver training as required;
• To assist managers to maintain safe systems, providing specialist advice, coaching and practical support;
• Evaluate the effectiveness of health and safety systems and procedures and identify and implement improvements;
• Ensure that routine health and safety activities and checks are carried out and review risk assessments;
• Investigate the circumstances and causes of accidents and take necessary steps to prevent a recurrence;
• Undertake weekly Safety Audits across all projects;
• Coordinate and review supply chain PQQ documentation - undertake references, Insurance and competence checks and maintain currency of same;
• Manage external Health & Safety and CDM Consultants and resources;
• To ensure the continued provision of health and safety meetings designed to address issues of health, safety and welfare on a regular basis whilst including, involving and communicating to all employees across the organisation;
• Co-ordinate the issuing of notifications where required to the HSE;
• Producing management reports and newsletters;
• Issue safety bulletins where required;
• To work closely with the Management Team to ensure processes are maintained to the highest possible standard whilst posing the lowest possible risk to health and safety as is reasonably practicable;
• To work with HR to ensure workers safety and welfare is maintained at the first available opportunity;
• Encourage and develop innovation.
•Excellent communication skills
•A tactful but assertive manner
•Good levels of physical fitness and stamina
•Logical thinker and problem-solving ability
•Excellent organizational skills
•Attention to detail
•Ability to cope under pressure
•Understanding of relevant legislation
Qualifications and experience
•NEBOSH Certificate essential, CMIOSH desirable
•CSCS card essential
•First Aid at Work essential
•Working at Heights desirable
•Lifting Operations desirable
•Traffic Management LANTRA Certificate desirable
•Accident Investigation desirable
•Current full UK driving licence
•Relevant construction experience with high rise developments in city centre environments with tower cranes
If you have the skills and experience outlined above and would like to be considered for this position please apply now with an up to date CV or call Aisling Ward on (Apply online only) for further information