|Job Ref:||204770685||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||RH6 0PB||Address:||Post Date:||12/10/2016 03:17|
The Quantity Surveyor is a key role in the successful operation of the Gatwick Framework Contract. You will be a member of the framework team with functional reporting to the Commercial Manager. Your role will be to provide efficient and proactive commercial control of the open book framework and those contracts awarded under it, including subcontract opportunities for other framework contractors. |
• Commercial and Cost Control of the Framework and those contracts awarded under it.
• Monthly internal and Contract Financial Reporting
• Estimating for Works Packages tendered under the framework and for variations issued by the client
• Management of Subcontract Payments, in accordance with the requirements of the contract
• Management of valuations and applications for payment from the client, in accordance with the requirements of the contract
• Liaison with the Client's commercial team in a spirit of openness and mutual trust and transparency
• Commercial Record keeping in relation to the client's KPI's and their commercial impact
• Diary management for Contracts Manager & Senior Framework Management
• To carry out other appropriate duties as assigned by your line manager.
• To ensure that all operations carried out within your area of responsibility are undertaken with full regard for safety of visitors, other members of staff and yourself.
• NEC ECC, Option A, C & E experience essential
• Open book accounting experience essential
• Civils and Surfacing Works - essential
• Framework Administration - preferred
• Airfield contracting - beneficial
• Financial Management
• Contract Administration
• Cost Control
• Personal Organisation
• Time Management
• Relationship Management
• Decision Making & Accountability
PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES / SKILLS:
Excellent commercial & contractual skills are essential
Communication & relationship management skills are essential.
Time management and organisational skills.
IT literate - Microsoft Office Suite Essential, Causeway preferred
Ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines.
Continually review and improvement performance
Excellent attention to detail
Ability to resolve issues in a friendly and efficient manner whilst maintaining excellent client relations