|Job Ref:||204776574||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Bromley||Address:||Salary:||£30000 - £38000/annum||Post Date:||12/10/2016 03:34|
3td Line Infra Engineer |
An opportunity has arisen for a 3rd Line IT support engineer to continue and develop a career in a forward thinking, growing and progressive company, providing Cloud technology, Hosted services, on site and Remote support provision, and consultancy and support services.
The ideal candidate will be have the opportunity and exposure of working with a wide, large and varied customer base, providing a large range of support and consultancy services, on many differing and diverse technical platforms.
We are looking for a talented engineer who is skilled and capable of working as part of a very busy and dynamic team, as well as being able to remain autonomous and self-sufficient in order to support a wide range of servers and networks for small to medium sized businesses in a very fast paced organisation.
You will gain extensive experience over the various supported IT systems, on a Customer base stretching a wide spectrum, and the opportunity to use this exposure, and the diversity it brings to develop a career in IT, and to take every opportunity to develop their skills in this area, through informal and formal training and on the job learning.
* Extensive hands-on experience designing, specifying, configuring and troubleshooting customer requirements and support issues in a changing Server, Storage, Application and Networking environment.
* Windows (Apply online only) server active and extensive knowledge in design, implementation and troubleshooting
* Active Directory design, installation, and troubleshooting
* Exchange (Apply online only) design, installation, and troubleshooting, (including migration between versions)
* Small Business Server build, configuration and troubleshooting
* Virtualisation (VMware vSphere) deployment, administration and troubleshooting
* Server hardware build, monitoring, failure replacements and server room installation
* Storage (good understanding of DAS, SAN, fibre fabrics, iSCSI)
* Networking (good understanding of Layers 2 and 3, switching, routing, VLANs)
* Firewalls & VPNs, good knowledge of WatchGuard, Cisco and other Applicances both Physical and Virtual
* Experience of providing remote support for users and systems, including resolution of technical issues on the phone.
* Design and implementation of Backup strategies, technologies, (Veeam, Backup Exec and others) tape rotation, and restore procedures
* Ability to design and deliver centrally controlled and standalone AntiVirus software and architecture. (Kaspersky, McAfee, Symantec or similar)
* Citrix knowledge, implementation, best practise, deployment and support
* A good understanding of MAC OS
* Wireless Installation, configuration and troubleshooting
* Knowledge of security architectures especially with respect to e-commerce and the internet
* Implementation and support of Blackberry Enterprise Products
Huntress Group does not discriminate on the grounds of 'protected characteristics' as defined under the Equality Act and other relevant UK legislation.
Huntress Group acts as a Recruitment Agency in relation to all Permanent roles and as a Recruitment Business in relation to all Temporary roles.
PLEASE NOTE: We can only consider applications from candidates who have the right to work in the UK