|Job Ref:||204775814||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Manchester||Address:||Post Code:||M13||Post Date:||12/10/2016 03:34|
Project Manager |
AJ Bell is one of the largest providers of low-cost, online investment platforms and stockbroker services in the UK. As a fast moving financial services company with significant plans for change, they are now recruiting a high caliber project manager to ensure timely and effective delivery of their project portfolio.
Position: Project Manager
Location: Old Trafford, Manchester
Job type: Full Time, Permanent
Benefits: Discretionary 10% bonus scheme, DIS, Pension contributions, Healthcare scheme, 25 days holiday up to 29 days (for completed service).
About the role:
As an advocate and ambassador for change, the jobholder will be responsible for the timely and effective delivery of business and technology based projects, in support of AJ Bell`s strategic objectives. The role is for an experienced Project Manager, responsible for the entire delivery life cycle; from inception through to go-live and post implementation. Projects are predominantly technology led with an emphasis on financial regulation therefore experience of financially regulated environment is essential. Deliverables must meet the key requirements of Proposition, Service and Price at the heart of The AJ Bell Way and in line with the guiding principles.
- Effectively deliver projects to meet AJ Bell`s strategic objectives.
- Deliver projects that cover multiple sites, functions and suppliers.
- Work with Technology Services delivery teams using Agile delivery methods.
- Support key stakeholders in the development of business cases and agreement of project objectives.
- Establishing, maintaining, and ensuring delivery of appropriate and timely project plans.
- Produce and manage project budgets.
- Managing change control effectively.
- Co-ordinating, developing and managing project resources, ensuring they get the best from project team members.
- Manage internal and external stakeholders, plus 3rd party suppliers.
- Chairing project meetings, ensuring decisions and actions are fully recorded.
- Support TS management in identification and management of technology, business and consumer outcome risks.
- Regular status reporting to project stakeholders and senior management.
- Working expertise in both Solutions Development and Infrastructure.
- Extensive experience in delivering complex IT orientated projects, across multiple sites and functions, mixing internal IT development with 3rd party vendor development.
- Project management experience in a financially regulated company.
- Good financial services industry knowledge (pensions, investments and stockbroking would be beneficial) and solid commercial awareness.
- PRINCE2 Practitioner certification.
- Ability to quickly understand highly technical topics.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to build effective relationships.
- Effective analytical and problem solving skills.
- Effective time management, planning and organisational skills. High attention to detail.
- Ability to manage project team members effectively and proactively.
- Proven ability to build an effective change culture.
You may have experience of the following: Project Manager, Solutions Development, Infrastructure, PRINCE2, Financial Services, PMO, Agile Delivery, Change Management, 3rd Party Vendor Development, IT Project Management, etc.
This vacancy is being advertised by Easy Web Recruitment, the UK`s leading Online Recruitment Agency. The services advertised by Easy Web Recruitment are those of an employment agency. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of gender, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion, or belief, and we confirm that we will gladly accept all applications