|Job Ref:||204775277||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Scottish Borders||Address:||Salary:||£25339 - £28323/annum||Post Date:||12/10/2016 03:35|
Office Angels have an exciting opportunity for an IT Technical Officer to join our client in the Scottish Borders. The role is on a temporary basis, to start ASAP and will be for 6 weeks initially. The hours will be full time - 35 per week. Monday to Thursday 8.45am - 5.00pm and 8.45am - 3.45pm on Friday. The salary is between £25,339 - £28,323pa.|
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To build, maintain and administrate network operating systems and hardware.
- To assist with the analysis of business processes, producing reports from the existing systems and developing bespoke applications if required, to help increase the effectiveness of other Departments/Sections within the Association.
- To produce new and amend existing reports in line with business requirements for Performance Management.
- To perform user acceptance testing and apply upgrades to servers and applications.
- To undertake data management tasks including cleansing and manipulation using Microsoft Excel and SQL.
- To perform all monthly/annual routine and ad hoc administrative tasks.
- To ensure that backups have been completed successfully. To monitor, maintain and implement backup routines using backup software and the recovery of data when required.
- To provide technical support for network problems
- To provide network administration for Microsoft environments to implement changes to group policies and schemes as required.
- To provide network administration for Citrix Xenapp.
- To work with suppliers and consultants to enable the support of existing systems and implementation of new systems, working closely to facilitate skills transfer when appropriate.
- To provide support for end users and maintain records using the Helpdesk system according to the Service Level Agreement.
- To undertake disaster recovery testing and/or implementation when required at the companies designated recovery site.
- To provide training to users as required and appropriate.
- To maintain an awareness of new developments in IT, which may be of benefit to the Association.
- To be aware of personal responsibility for Health and Safety within the office, and of the Association's general responsibility for the Health and Safety of its customers and Tenants.
- To be aware of personal responsibility for fair and equal treatment of colleagues, customers and Tenants, in line with current legal Equal Opportunities requirements.
- To be prepared to undertake training and personal development, so as to maintain and update skills and knowledge, for personal benefit as well as the company.
- To maintain awareness of Tenant Participation as a commitment by the company to its Tenants.
- To carry out any other duties appropriate to the post, as necessary or as requested.
Skills and Experience Required:
- A good standard of general education to 4 Standard Grade passes at level 3 or equivalent.
- HNC in Computing or other equivalent
- Experience of building, maintaining and administering network operating systems and hardware in a virtual infrastructure environment
- Experience of SQL including script writing and reports development
- Experience of Using Business Objects or similar reporting package
- Experience of providing support to end users - e.g. Resolving problems with operating systems, network infrastructure
- Experience of provision of LAN / WAN recovery
- Experience of provision of network administration for Microsoft environments using Active Directory and Citrix Xenapp
- Experience of User acceptance testing
- Experience of applying server and application upgrades
- Experience of disaster recovery testing
- Experience of working with minimal supervision
- Monitoring, maintaining and implementing backup routines
- Commitment to excellent customer service
- Experience of providing training to users
- Current driving licence and access to car
Whilst we'd love to get back to every applicant personally, it isn't always possible and sadly we cannot provide individual feedback.
If you are interested in this role and wish to be considered please click apply!
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Office Angels who are operating as an employment agency. Office Angels are an equal opportunities employer.
Benefits of temping:
Working as a temp is an ideal way of exploring different job roles and industries. It's also perfect for ensuring you have the right work/life balance. Here are just some of the heavenly benefits you can expect when you temp through Office Angels:
-Employed directly with Office Angels, meaning we're always on hand to ensure you're being well looked after
- We work with highly sought after employers in your local area and cover a huge range of roles from Reception, Customer Service and Administration, to Accounts, HR and Marketing.
- We can search for permanent work whilst you're in assignments and offer expert interview support and advice
- Weekly pay
- 28 days paid annual leave (Based on a weekly accrual)
- Statutory Sick Pay in the unfortunate event you find yourself under the weather
- Travel Wings Plus which is a great scheme that allows us to pay you a tax-free allowance towards any travel and/or subsistence costs that you incur when working for us as a temp
We're proud to say our consultants are experts in recruitment and are more than happy to discuss the benefits in more detail; please contact your local Office Angels branch for further information.
**If you are currently registered with Office Angels and interested in this role please contact your consultant by email**
Office Angels is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer